Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.1 seems imminent...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably I will get "AP1" equivalent performance. However, if it turns out that I have to upgrade to EAP to get any sort of AP, I fail to see how that could not meet the legal definition of bait-and-switch. I paid $3000 for something and should not have to come up with thousands more to get it.

I am 99.999% positive that you will get at least AP1 level features. In fact you should find out tonight, or sometime in the next couple days, as TACC and Autosteer are rolling out to all cars starting tonight. (Both speed limited at this point.) While the feature set will be the same I expect it will work a lot better.

There is a small chance that they will just give you all of the new EAP enhancements but I really doubt it.

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-21_21-31-43.png
    upload_2017-1-21_21-31-43.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 55
I am reserving judgement as whether it is bait-and-switch. Tesla confirmed my order on Sept. 30th. Elon Musk announced that all the cars coming off the assembly line would be AP2 on Oct. 19. (Now I think I understand why my sales rep worked so hard to get me to take an inventory car!) When I ordered the car, I chose that $3k "Autopilot convenience features". Then, on 10/22, Tesla sent an email suggesting I upgrade to "Enhanced Autopilot" or FSD and that "post delivery upgrades will be subject to a $1000 surcharge". I have a kid in college and another going in a few years, so buying this car is challenging to my cashflow, and I elected to not upgrade and took delivery on Saturday after Thanksgiving.
So now I have a car with no autopilot whatsoever. I am willing to wait for a SW update, because I am generally a technophile. Probably I will get "AP1" equivalent performance. However, if it turns out that I have to upgrade to EAP to get any sort of AP, I fail to see how that could not meet the legal definition of bait-and-switch. I paid $3000 for something and should not have to come up with thousands more to get it.
(I am on .120, BTW)
I am a little confused. I took delivery a week after you with AP2.0 hardware. I to ordered AP1.0 for $3000. But, I received a new order agreement document with AP1.0 autopilot removed from the agreement. EAP was added in it's place along with autonomy option. Are you saying that you never received an order agreement document with the AP1.0 autopilot convenience feature removed as I did? I was wondering what happened with the folks that did not opt for the EAP and autonomy that paid for AP1.0. Can you confirm on your order agreement in your MyTesla account that Autopilot convenience feature $3000 is still listed? I just think it is strange that it was removed from mine after the switch in production.

I am 99.999% positive that you will get at least AP1 level features. In fact you should find out tonight, or sometime in the next couple days, as TACC and Autosteer are rolling out to all cars starting tonight. (Both speed limited at this point.) While the feature set will be the same I expect it will work a lot better.

There is a small chance that they will just give you all of the new EAP enhancements but I really doubt it.
I would not think that Telsa would have the folks who ordered AP1.0 for 3k, take additional 2k to upgrade to EAP, and allow the folks that opted out to get the same functionality. I fall in the upgrade group and would be hacked off if that occurs.

Did you agree to pay the $5k extra to enable EAP and FSD? If so, that is why the Autopilot convenience features were removed from yours and replaced.
I did pay the 2k extra for EAP and 3k for autonomy. They never did explain or even represent what functions I would get if I opted not to upgrade. Did you explicitly get confirmation on what functions you would get. I never saw that explanation.

I've read some anecdotes where those who ordered before HW2 was announced, but whose cars were manufactured after, were given the option to keep AP on the car or up pay extra for EAP. I don't recall anyone saying they took the AP option.

I am a little confused. I took delivery a week after you with AP2.0 hardware. I to ordered AP1.0 for $3000. But, I received a new order agreement document with AP1.0 autopilot removed from the agreement. EAP was added in it's place along with autonomy option. Are you saying that you never received an order agreement document with the AP1.0 autopilot convenience feature removed as I did? I was wondering what happened with the folks that did not opt for the EAP and autonomy that paid for AP1.0. Can you confirm on your order agreement in your MyTesla account that Autopilot convenience feature $3000 is still listed? I just think it is strange that it was removed from mine after the switch in production.
On MyTesla, the order agreement and the purchase agreement both have a line "Autopilot Convenience Features $3,000". As I mentioned in my earlier post, I did not choose to pay for EAP or FSD. Now, I have 17.3.2 (I was one of the first!). It seems to be fully enabled.
My expectation is that once EAP does what the website said about "autopilot convenience features" that they are going to as for an "in app purchase" to get new autopilot features. I would view this as being fine- Tesla delivered the SW that I bought, and to get more I will have to pay more (assuming it seems worth it, etc.).
-

-

-

-

-

-

$3,000.00

Anyone have trouble with the AP2.0? Mine worked right away the night, and today I took my car to work and the AP is disabled. My commute was 40 minutes and I wonder how long it takes to calibrate and I really don't want take it to service. another month of wait

Anyone have trouble with the AP2.0? Mine worked right away the night, and today I took my car to work and the AP is disabled. My commute was 40 minutes and I wonder how long it takes to calibrate and I really don't want take it to service. another month of wait
I read the user manual on this cloesly today because mine was "disabled" also - It says enabled only on "restricted access highways" (im reading that to mean federal highways and since it has a 45 mph limit it would have to be a congested one. Im in my third day of it and still havent been able to use it. My highways are not congested and min speed is 65 or get rear ended!

• Funny
Reactions: NerdUno