Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

80 Amp Charing for Cybertruck, Tesla WC Gen 4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an old post and now we know Tesla did not release a new 80 amp WC for the CT
Crazy to think how long to 5-90% charge 123kwh pack in rhe CT
My guess is 10-12 hours
This won’t work with TOU utility charging window
Not great
Because they have already made the specs clear on the Cybertruck, 11kW bidirectional.

But who charges 5-90% daily? Most people charge less than a couple of hours today. just add 30% for the Cybertruck.

Reactions: E90alex
CT battery capacity is ONLY 120kWh and 48A charger can add 11kWh per hour which is fast enough.
But we have to consider commercial use where they are on the road and maybe back in the office for a charge while other work is happening
Think plumbing or other type of company
Faster than 11kw would be great

Model S 80 amp rate is 20kw, 81% more

But we have to consider commercial use where they are on the road and maybe back in the office for a charge while other work is happening

Those types of companies usually don’t travel far enough to need to recharge mid day and they typically don’t return to the office mid day.

Note: Since the 800V battery of the Cybertruck has two 400V batteries banks
and uses a Double-pole, double-throw (DPDT) switch to getting efficent charging
when using a 400V supercharger, why not having the possibility to use two separate
L2 plugs to charge independently each battery bank to cut in half, home charging time.
Both pack halves need to stay at the same charge level.
Two AC to 800V chargers would work though.

I guess that you would consider it impossible that I charge my Model 3 off of a 120V 15A plug.

And if more impossible that I alternate access to that same plug with my Model Y. Yes, two cars on a single outlet. 1.4KW!

Reactions: vcor