Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

85D TACC cruise stalk missing button

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the off button, here's why: yesterday at a light I flipped my signal, my hand slipped and also hit the TACC stalk, the car started accelerating. I knew what was happening, but it wasn't ideal. Now I keep it off unless I need it.
I like the TACC button. It is a safety against inadvertent acceleration.
When exiting freeway, I press the button and I know TACC is off and will not be accidentally engaged. At the freeway on ramp I accelerate to the speed limit and press the button to turn on TACC and pull the stalk to engage. Simple and easy to remember. I think Tesla did the right thing for me :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

I have not used the Model S, however I've been told it's the same as the mercedes one, and if so, it's the best cruise interface I've ever used, no need to look at buttons to figure out which is what, it's completely intuitive with the stalk. every direction does exactly what one would expect it to do, from the up down doing increase/decrease to the forward back doing enable disable
I too hope Tesla is listening, and that they stick to the best cruise interface in existence.
So you do agree to have the TACC button, if it is the same as MB?

For a company that realized you shouldn't have to turn the car on with a switch before you drive, I'm surprised any of them require a switch to turn the cruise on
Is it not true that to drive, one needs to press the brake pedal while shifting the drive level? I consider that as an added safety against accidental turning the drive level. Similarly, a button on the TACC against accidental acceleration is not a bad idea imho.

Last edited: