Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

9/19/18 Model X Delivery Experience in Littleton, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's a total lottery. Car is amazing when it works. My 3rd row seat broke today so now it's stuck in a flat position. I'll need to call to set up a service appointment. There's definitely highs and lows with the car.

The experience from the OP sounds terrible though. It was much, much better than that here in Austin. I was never rushed and they never gave me an ultimatum, though I never really talked about the option of rejecting delivery. I tried to be as gracious as possible. Sounds like the people working in that particular SC were a lot worse though.

If the panel gaps are too much out of alignment with each other, I would think long and hard about accepting the car, as they said fixing those means having to go to the body shop since a lot of those panels are welded onto the car. My main concern wasn't about the looks so much as the functionality -- it needs to be water tight. As long as it doesn't leak, I'm probably fine.

A lot of what was posted about chrome trim is true. I rarely see it perfect. The worst thing for me was having the FWD take out paint once or twice, and then my third row seat being broken and stuck in the folded position. In general, the car is amazing. It's a bit of a shame that we have to compromise -- choosing either a well-built car or an EV that's amazing to drive. It's a shame we can't have both right now. Maybe in 5 or 6 years, but it's just not there yet.

The pros outweigh the cons, but there are definitely cons if you lose the lottery.

@OP sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope that everything is resolved to your satisfaction!

I did “accept” delivery of the car. I didn’t really know what else to do. We had looked forward to it for so long, had gotten all of our finance and insurance in order, taken off of work, and had also been struggling to continue getting by without a 2nd car. In my head I knew I should probably reject it but they offered zero insight/help/accommodation about what that would mean for us to get another car and instead basically said we would lose $2500 and they had no idea when we would maybe get a replacement. In hindsight, with the end of quarter, it seems possibly that they could have found an inventory match somewhere relatively quickly.

I’m not sure what the “72 hour period” is. They kept telling me I had 72 hours to inspect the car. Unfortunately I have work travel and have left the state. I emailed a list of known issues to my OA but also said I really haven’t had time to even drive the car. I only put 32 miles on it since delivery and before I took off for Oregon.

Do you think I have an option to push for a replacement entirely or am I subject to service center hell? They did warn me that the service center can only do so much for misalignment and body work and often times they make it worse.... comforting.

My driver side door is also making a grinding mechanical noise and seems to stick at 20-30 degrees before the motor releases allowing me to open the door completely.

Reactions: P85_DA
Wow, OP. Your experience matches mine to the T. Everything from the issues you had to the way that the DS and manager talked to you was exactly the same experience I had.

Seems like they have not changed a bit.

Courtesy is something that even during an end of quarter rush should be a given and easy to provide. Again, I’ve received more attention, courtesy and care shopping for socks in a target than I did buying a $100k+ car. I personally can’t stand when excuses are made that this isn’t a Rolex or that you’re paying for the battery. No excuse for poor customer care and relations.

My experience before the car landed with Tesla corporate was just as terrible as yours. Our service center, Matthews, NC, was awesome they squeezed us in early, noted glass scratches I didn't see, and there were only 5 minor spots we found needing adjustments.

Of course our chrome trim is barely aligned (not may pieces actually line up) the gaps appear acceptable and everything seems in order. The passenger side is the one needing all the work, stuff I can't believe made it through QC.

We love the car and they're sending mobile service to fix everything (maybe not the glass) later. Picked up Saturday.

Reactions: P85_DA