TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

90D shows 164 ideal miles at 50% battery!

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by krazineurons, Jan 19, 2017.

1. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

Hey good folks, I bought my X last week and I have driven around 550miles on it so far. I have learnt to switch the dash to show either battery percentage or remaining miles (I can choose ideal or rated range). I also learnt that ideal miles is a better metric as that is based on the w/mile rate based on my driving.

With that, since I am averaging a 440 w/mile I was expecting the car to show me around 100miles in the ideal range at 50% battery level . But it shows me 160 miles. Why is that so? Do. I have a bug?

Attached Files:

2. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

Where did you get the idea that "Ideal" was based on your driving? It isn't.

Here is a post in an old thread that describes things well:

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
  3. krazineurons

Thanks, this was helpful. Somehow my read of ideal was that it is based on my driving. Now I wonder why have two? In what scenarios is knowing the ideal and rated range useful?

4. krazineurons

@Andyw2100 would you know what basis the nav determines the remaining battery? is that based on the projected usage?

5. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

When you have the navigation running with a destination, if you use the power view on the 17" display, and switch from "Consumption" to "Trip" you will see your projected battery usage, and whether you are doing better or worse than the projection.

And even without a trip in progress, on the power screen, you can see at the far right how much range the car believes you have remaining, based on recent usage.

6. krazineurons

Yeah i have seen that, but not yet clear as on what numbers does the nav calculated the estimated power remaining at the destination.