Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in a marketing email but never to my knowledge on the website because I carefully looked the day it came out.

One would think Tesla would have this in large bold font on the Y finance info if for no other reason than to hype buy now drama.

As is, no doubt lost sales of Teslas to the public that are non-Tesla emailed potential purchasers.

I'm so on the fence with this. I have a 2020 Model Y LR AWD with just 35,000 miles on it but I really want the upgraded features like the improved suspension, much-improved cabin noise, etc... but I also want the redesign that is likely coming on January 1. But that will come at a 7%+ interest rate. Is anyone else on the fence for similar reasons?
I will say this i had a 21 YLR was considering waiting for the juniper refresh sometime whenever they decide to show it/release it

I got a 24 Y performance in april no regrets came out to 12k off with tax credit and tesla inventory discount and ill live with my 5.1% apr with navy federal

Another thing i have learned from every single auto maker the first gen model from a refresh or redesign usually have a lot of quirks that will get ironed out as time goes on

Its why i got a 21Y instead of a 20Y glad i did on that one

I had gotten an 18 accord as well brand new 10th gen and it had quirks that i lived with that were fixed subsequently in 2019 and 2020 etc.

In your position with low interest rate i wouldn’t even think about it much tbh my 24Y performance is legit almost perfect no panel gaps and got all the little incremental updates from 21 to now, and i did my own little things to make it unique

I also believe interest rates will float around the 7% mark for a bit but that’s up in the air

I'm so on the fence with this. I have a 2020 Model Y LR AWD with just 35,000 miles on it but I really want the upgraded features like the improved suspension, much-improved cabin noise, etc... but I also want the redesign that is likely coming on January 1. But that will come at a 7%+ interest rate. Is anyone else on the fence for similar reasons?
I recently drove a Model S with no turn signal or shifter stalks and determined that I'll never buy a car that has been de-contented to that extent. The .99% APR offer on the only car they still build with control stalks on the steering column was enough to convince me to place an order.

That and the Quicksilver paint. 😍

Wow ; hopefully they will honor those that placed and order and confirmed the financing offer/approval but still waiting on a VIN

Any other Quicksilver orders out there? I see this because otherwise they probably have inventory somewhere already in other configs.
I ordered one in Quicksilver on May 16th and I'm still waiting. In Oregon for context. If I can't get it before June 3rd, I'll have to settle on whatever inventory is available. That's how long my State rebate voucher is valid.

I ordered one in Quicksilver on May 16th and I'm still waiting. In Oregon for context. If I can't get it before June 3rd, I'll have to settle on whatever inventory is available. That's how long my State rebate voucher is valid.
I put in an order on May 15th, and my app finally updated yesterday to June 10th to June 30th. Ordered Red on White, seven seats. SLC Utah.

Reactions: gkaiser
That's a shame the OR rebate is expiring so soon.
I would guess the initial batch they painted in Quicksilver all have now sold so we are waiting for them to make/paint a 2nd batch.

Ordered on the 15th ; no VIN yet. My order states May-June for the timeframe.

Reactions: gkaiser
I put in an order on May 15th, and my app finally updated yesterday to June 10th to June 30th.
I'm hoping for the same date range to take advantage of any take-delivery-before-the-end-of-FY2024Q2 incentives they may offer. I got two years of free fast charging that way on my first Tesla back in 2019, although the Supercharger division had employees back then...

Ordered on May 20, the day before they changed the incentive on the 72 month loan. My take is somebody looked at how much that promo was costing them and decided to end it.

If it'll make anyone feel better, file a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). Their job is to regulate (I know that's a dirty word for some folks) consumer financial products like auto loans and how those loans are advertised.

Regardless, it's still the same amount of money at 0.99%/60 months. Just 12 fewer payments. If gas prices spike this summer and fall the gas savings may well cover the difference between 60 and 72 months. As always, YMMV!

Reactions: Park2670
I'm hoping for the same date range to take advantage of any take-delivery-before-the-end-of-FY2024Q2 incentives they may offer. I got two years of free fast charging that way on my first Tesla back in 2019, although the Supercharger division had employees back then...

They may have some great end of Q2 incentives on the Y but fairly certain you would have to cancel/edit your existing order and then place a new one when those are announced so that may or may not be a better option.

Reactions: Park2670
They may have some great end of Q2 incentives on the Y but fairly certain you would have to cancel/edit your existing order and then place a new one when those are announced so that may or may not be a better option.
In my experience the end of quarter incentives are based on delivery date and have nothing to do with when an order was placed, which aligns with the way Tesla reports its vehicle sales.

In my experience the end of quarter incentives are based on delivery date and have nothing to do with when an order was placed, which aligns with the way Tesla reports its vehicle sales.
My point is if they stop offering promotional APR rate come late June but offer instead other incentives ; even stackable ones to get people to take delivery before end of quarter you would have to choose if that May APR is better than the end of June offers.

You are saying you think you would be able to keep the locked in expired APR offer from May ; and then also get June end of quarter bonus incentives on top?
Would be great if that were the case but I am skeptical of that.

It is Telsa so no one knows ; they could easily extend this low APR finance offer through the month of June and then at end of month allow you to combine it with other perks for end of quarter rush. Would lose the .99 for 72 months but may still be able to do 60 months.

Put in my order on 5/16 (LR AWD / red / white interior / hitch). Financing completed and approved on the 17th. No VIN assigned and delivery is still estimated May-June.

Since Vegas has a stealth grey Performance (same everything else) as available in stock…. and because I’m so impatient I did a 2nd demo today.

While the Performance demo unit was getting detailed I was able to drive a LR again and then straight to the Performance for a demo. I came to the conclusion that the red is truly an awesome color and that I liked the ride of the LR better.

So in limbo I sit… impatiently waiting…making my first post here…fists clenched…screaming at the sky.

Word to the wise. Be aware that you need to be sure you are going to get the Tesla finance before making an order and paying your order fee to set the ball rolling.

They declined a fella the other day after chopping what they said his trade in would contribute. Then they snaffled his order fee for backing out of a deal that they had already reneged on!!!

I think he has a solid case to get his 250 back but I wouldn't recommend diving in unless your finances are solid enough to take a 3k hit on trade in and still make the payments.

Word to the wise. Be aware that you need to be sure you are going to get the Tesla finance before making an order and paying your order fee to set the ball rolling.

They declined a fella the other day after chopping what they said his trade in would contribute. Then they snaffled his order fee for backing out of a deal that they had already reneged on!!!

I think he has a solid case to get his 250 back but I wouldn't recommend diving in unless your finances are solid enough to take a 3k hit on trade in and still make the payments.

Isn’t it required to pay the 250 fee before the application?

Isn’t it required to pay the 250 fee before the application?
Yes. Non refundable if they decline you the credit. It's messed up because they won't be doing anything about securing you a vehicle until your credit it approved.

Esentially it is a loan application fee. Once the credit is approved it becomes a non refundable purchase order deposit.

That was well and sort of not really very good. Don't apply to buy a car you can't afford. Buyer beware.

But the issue for the guy that raised it is they changed the amount he would get for his trade in making his payments unaffordable. Then they declined the almost free loan deal and kept his 250 for the privilege of being able to dream of a new car for a couple of days.

Just had mY order approved, 0.99% financing, $7,500 tax credit, best trade in offer! Very pleased.
Same. Just ordered last night. And called today to fix my screw up. I ordered RWD on accident. Just saw long range and clicked. Oops... lol

Now to hope that IF any significantly better end of quarter deals pop up it is before delivery so I can take advantage.

Reactions: Honda Convert
Same. Just ordered last night. And called today to fix my screw up. I ordered RWD on accident. Just saw long range and clicked. Oops... lol

Now to hope that IF any significantly better end of quarter deals pop up it is before delivery so I can take advantage.
Lol, I cancelled my mY AWD order in March and took the $250 hit. Couldn't pass up the 0.99% which is why today's order was for the RWD. In doing the RWD I was able to trade in an older vehicle which I wasn't using and keep my Accord hybrid.

Reactions: Royal27

It was my fault but what a PIA to fix my screw up.

Couldn't do it in app, said "order can't be edited." And then couldnt get anyone to answer the phone, can anyone say layoffs? So had to go up to the store to get done, which they did.

Then, when I got home and checked the order the change was just all dumped into my down payment. I know this will shock everyone, but..... I couldn't make any changes in the app and then no one would answer the phone (even the finance number just dumped back to "sales") so back up to the store for the second time.

Pretty funny that a software company won't invest in basic ordering software and uses people instead, them decides people cost too much.

There, I feel better now. LOL! I also sadly know that this is the "customer comes last" that plague 99% of companies.

It was my fault but what a PIA to fix my screw up.

Couldn't do it in app, said "order can't be edited." And then couldnt get anyone to answer the phone, can anyone say layoffs? So had to go up to the store to get done, which they did.

Then, when I got home and checked the order the change was just all dumped into my down payment. I know this will shock everyone, but..... I couldn't make any changes in the app and then no one would answer the phone (even the finance number just dumped back to "sales") so back up to the store for the second time.

Pretty funny that a software company won't invest in basic ordering software and uses people instead, them decides people cost too much.

There, I feel better now. LOL! I also sadly know that this is the "customer comes last" that plague 99% of companies.
How long did it take the store to fix the issue you had with everything getting dumped into the down payment? I actually have a contact at my store I've been texting letting me know his team is "fixing" my same issue so I've been hesitant to confirm the finance portion of the pre delivery due to most everything (including trade) showing up in down payment right now and only a small portion showing amount financed. Maybe it just takes a few days to correct this.