Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

.99% APR Financing Promotion (May 10 - May 31 2024)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you not sign into the web store and go through the motions of selecting an inventory vehicle? It knows it is you but may well think you are wanting another vehicle on top of the one on order.

What does it put in front of you?

If it puts up more finance approval junk you know you should go through a sales person to set it up.

Inventory vehicles here all come with extra free fruit to get them moved on. I think you would struggle to swap in for a BTO of lesser spec.

Yes, when I click where it says "Earlier Pickup Available - Select a similar vehicle design for earlier pickup" and select one of the listed vehicles and select the finance option, it shows a 6.39% APR. This is why I have not gone through with it yet. I asked the Tesla advisor, and he said, "Go ahead, we'll honor the .99% because of your order date."

But I'm skeptical that if i do that, they'll turn around and say, "Whoops, technically that's a new order, outside of the promotional window, too bad"

So again, i'm looking for someone who has actually done this in-app, so they can confirm what happened. No one has raised their hand yet.

• Informative
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
So I placed my order to lock in the .99% rate on May 21st. My original estimated delivery date was Jun 8 to June 22. Then the date range was pushed out to Jul 2 to Aug 6. Just now it was updated again to Jun 27 to Jun 30. So like others have mentioned in this thread, it's no coincidence that they are doing all they can to juice their delivery count for the end of the quarter. Let's hope it stays that way.

Yes, when I click where it says "Earlier Pickup Available - Select a similar vehicle design for earlier pickup" and select one of the listed vehicles and select the finance option, it shows a 6.39% APR. This is why I have not gone through with it yet. I asked the Tesla advisor, and he said, "Go ahead, we'll honor the .99% because of your order date."

But I'm skeptical that if i do that, they'll turn around and say, "Whoops, technically that's a new order, outside of the promotional window, too bad"

So again, i'm looking for someone who has actually done this in-app, so they can confirm what happened. No one has raised their hand yet.
Seen many posts on Reddit where people who switch to an "Earlier pickup available" via the APP retain the rate - similar to you at first it shows them a higher rate but once they commit to the order it shows their .99% rate maintained.

Have not heard anyone report otherwise.

Still scary I realize, personally would go to the location with the inventory car and do it in front of a sales rep. Not that they can do much if it goes south but would give me a little piece of mind. Bonus benefit you can inspect the exterior on the same trip before you switch.

Reactions: MYP24
Seen many posts on Reddit where people who switch to an "Earlier pickup available" via the APP retain the rate - similar to you at first it shows them a higher rate but once they commit to the order it shows their .99% rate maintained.

Have not heard anyone report otherwise.

Still scary I realize, personally would go to the location with the inventory car and do it in front of a sales rep. Not that they can do much if it goes south but would give me a little piece of mind. Bonus benefit you can inspect the exterior on the same trip before you switch.
Thank you, for answering my question! Yes it is scary because you are literally looking at a number that says 6.39% and then hitting a "Continue" button right under it. It is good to finally hear that some folks actually did this and it retained it for them via the app.

I cannot go to the location with the inventory car, because these literally disappear from the app in less than an hour. By the time I get to the location, it would no longer be available.

Last edited:
Source?

All I see based on inventory new cars that are for sale worldwide is 1/10 of the number you are saying.
Nz news. They were talking about car production. I think cars take quite awhile to become inventory ie available for sale at distribution centres. That number probably stays pretty static?

They shift them and prep them for sale and get them gone. Then they can order another transporter load of replacements.

Nz news. They were talking about car production. I think cars take quite awhile to become inventory ie available for sale at distribution centres. That number probably stays pretty static?

They shift them and prep them for sale and get them gone. Then they can order another transporter load of replacements.
Would need to see some sort of monthly or quarterly comparison to make any news out of this then.
1.23 Million Model Y's sold last year worldwide. 1 week of sales alone is 235,000 Y's being sold ; the number you quoted as unsold is less than 2 days worth.

Would need to see some sort of monthly or quarterly comparison to make any news out of this then.
1.23 Million Model Y's sold last year worldwide. 1 week of sales alone is 235,000 Y's being sold ; the number you quoted as unsold is less than 2 days worth.
It was the US number. It's a lot bigger when.you are from NZ. Looks like some junior journo didn't dig too deep or.dropped a zero.

Check your decimal place there boss
lol ; yes indeed that does make a difference. My math sucks obviously but the number still does not jump out to me as unusual given the sales volume.

Correctly calculated 47000 is 2 weeks worth of sales if talking worldwide with constant production running would always be an access of cars made but unsold.
If US only numbers 47000 would be about 6 weeks worth of sales I would guess.

Reactions: ucmndd
Question regarding the .99 rate. I "locked" in before 5/31 by placing an order and deposit, and delivery date is showing 6/24 ~ 6/30.

I "applied" for the loan via app on 6/16, hard inquiry on my credit report same day.

Edit: Inquiry came from SANTANDER CONSUMER USA INC

They will probably try to squeeze the delivery to Quarter end (not surprise, been a tesla owner for 10 years now and "experienced" two end of quarter deliveries).

But what are the chances they may "cancel" my order (hence losing the 0.99) if i do not pickup before end of quarter?

Estimate is 6/24 ~ 6/30 but I am out of town 6/28~6/30, that is the worrying part. VIN has been assigned as well.

Last edited:
I ordered on May 20th when the 0.99% for 72 months was still available and have an order PDF with that date in the confirmation email. But my order fee wasn't charged until the 21st. For the financing offer that finally came, the only option is 60 months. Anyone else in the same position and been successful getting the 72 month offer?

It appears the local delivery centers are just overwhelmed. Or at least they are conducting that way. I've been waiting for a response that they supposedly submitted to get my total cash down number to where it is supposed to be. Today I get a call from what I believe is a national Tesla agent asking me if I needed help getting my steps completed for my Friday delivery. Then I explain what I'm waiting for and he says he sees the request they typed up but they never hit save. So he submitted it while eI was on the phone. It's pretty clear they are still pushing for sales this month, but they do not have much capacity to do anything but hand out vehicles at the end of the transaction so if things to go perfect in the app it's a mess trying to get it fixed. We will see what happens but if they fix this like they say they can I will pick it up on Friday, if not I'll keep driving the one I have no worries. Definitely keep on top of your contact if you're waiting on something from them...

Reactions: MYP24 and DBC-
My est date went from 6/29-6/30 to 7/2-7/30 and my 0.99% expires 7/26. I think I may need to fly out of state(I live in ID) to another dealer I’m eligible to get inventory from because the MYP inventory even in WA is dwindling quick.
Just got a VIN and delivery date got moved up from 7/-7/30 to 6/23-6/27. Really happy about this development, I wasnt wanting to fly out of state and then spend 8 hours on the road coming back

Reactions: Park2670
Still unclear what I will end up doing. A new person reached out today and told me they couldn’t fix the issue with my down payment. After an actual phone discussion I realized she didn’t have the updated payoff letter for my trade in (unclear why all documentation is not in an electronic file for whoever is working a specific case). So I just sent her that, hopefully she will continue to be the person working on this until it’s resolved. I’ve never quite seen anything like this. It’s clear the numbers are correct on my end I just need one person to follow it all the way through at Tesla since they don’t communicate there. What an inefficient process. Definitely check your numbers when you trade.