Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Service center update for me....A new supermanifold is on the way. This fix has been the answer to at least another Y owners similar issue with intermittent A/C. Fingers crossed.
I have a service appointment scheduled for next week. Two previous appointments Tesla was unable to repeat issue. Is there a service bulletin that adresses this yet?

I'm noticing if I keep it on auto, it doesn't stay on auto when I come back. I also notice Auto keeps putting on the circulation button which I never want enabled (don't know why anyone likes that feature). I also notice if its not on auto, its debatable if I'm even getting colder.

I have this issue where randomly / intermittently the AC will not work. Symptoms are that the fans blow air that is ambient temperature / same temp as outside the car and even though I have the climate control set to 70, the car never cools down. I can hear when this is happening that the heat pump compressor is NOT running; if it were working to cool down the car, it should be running.

If I put the car in park, and go to the climate control page, I get a message over by the Dog/Camp mode settings that says "Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault."

This seems to happen only after long periods where the car sits unattended - all three times it has been after I come out to the car after 8 hours at work. I am guessing that it is some power saving feature where the car goes into a "deep sleep" but the A/C system does not "wake up" after that deep sleep.

This issue started happening immediately after the 2020.32.3 software update. I am on 2020.36 now and the issue continues.

The only solution I've found is to let the car sit for a few hours, and then try it again.

IMG_1756.jpg

I'm noticing if I keep it on auto, it doesn't stay on auto when I come back. I also notice Auto keeps putting on the circulation button which I never want enabled (don't know why anyone likes that feature). I also notice if its not on auto, its debatable if I'm even getting colder.

You need Recirculating on, so that you do not blow HOT air from outside back into the cabin, this defeats the purpose of having your A/C on.

For now,

1. Reboot the car
2. take it off Automatic and leave it on Manual.
3. Set the temp to 62 - 63 only and never to Lo.
4. Turn on Recirculate

We found that setting it to Lo will shut it down once it hits around 77 degrees. Not good at 115 degrees like in Vegas.

Next thing you need to do is Open up a service ticket via the App, make sure to note the dates and times this happened, the Virtual Tech will need to pull your files.

They will replace the High Temp Pressure Sensor and the Super Manifold, also request to have the A/C compressor acoustic blanket installed if you don’t have one.

After this I took the Model Y to Yermo where temps were 103 degrees around 1pm. The trip going was 3 hours and returning was 4 hours, the A/C stayed at cold 65 all 7 hours.

Fred.