Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A couple of newbie questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit my average speed on motorways has come down by around 10mph, especially on longer drives. This makes quite a big difference to the range consumption. I also ease off by around another 5mph when there is an uphill incline and speed up 5mph when there is a good downhill stretch.

That combined with lowering the cabin temp and fan speed a little and minimising use of AC and generally being a little more measured when accelerating and braking can make the difference between needing a supercharger stop or not on some journeys, especially in the cold.

Me too, except when I'm not quite so measured, which I have to admit is not a rare occurrence.

Useful info.

I don’t mind a 30 minute break every 2-3 hours on a long journey but it does require mire planning than my Audi.

I do sit at 77mph on the motorway, may have to drop that to 72 when going a long way but agree on the boredom. 77mph in the Uk frees you from the general traffic horde too, 72 put you in the middle of it!