Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A glitch in The Matrix

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HAL decided to have a little fun with me yesterday. When I got into the car in my garage, all looked normal, but when I attempted to go into reverse... nada. Then the display goes black, followed by the "T", After booting, the car became drivable, but I noticed all sort of settings were gone (HomeLink, streaming music, phone, map, etc.). As I drove a bit, I got a splash screen I've never seen before. It said (roughly) "Welcome to version 11.1, tap here to learn what's new." Totally paranoid of impending brickness, I drove directly back home. In my garage, I hit the continue button on the splash screen (which reappeared when I parked). It showed me stuff I already knew, then loaded my display and settings like nothing was ever wrong (except I had to reprogram HomeLink).

All is well now, but my curious nature wants to know more. Can anyone shed some light on this episode?

😎

• Funny
Reactions: KenC
This is rather rare, but I've seen a few reports here that the car simply forgot all of its settings. I actually had it happen to me, too. Somehow the odometer was still correct but everything else was gone, the navigation told me I was in the wrong area (it thought I was in California when I was in Ontario), speed limits looked European... you name it. After a number of reboots almost everything went back to normal or could be restored except for the trip counters.

You'll probably find some reports here on TMC.

Reactions: AZAV8R
This is rather rare, but I've seen a few reports here that the car simply forgot all of its settings. I actually had it happen to me, too. Somehow the odometer was still correct but everything else was gone, the navigation told me I was in the wrong area (it thought I was in California when I was in Ontario), speed limits looked European... you name it. After a number of reboots almost everything went back to normal or could be restored except for the trip counters.

You'll probably find some reports here on TMC.
That’s creepy, UncleCreepy!

• Funny
Reactions: UncleCreepy
Did you take the red pill?
1416.jpg