Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A lot going on here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
25654B2B-6169-45DD-B990-7C5E7F1C258F.jpeg

Send it!

Ug, drizzle too light to show on radar has me dropping my speed to sub-60mph. Have son on Google Maps checking elevation, still 400m to climb.

No sidestepping for site-seeing today. Plan B; Swallow Pride At Hot Springs is moving towards top of the menu.

Ug, drizzle too light to show on radar has me dropping my speed to sub-60mph. Have son on Google Maps checking elevation, still 400m to climb.

No sidestepping for site-seeing today. Plan B; Swallow Pride At Hot Springs is moving towards top of the menu.

I'm an hour ahead of you, @SammichLover. There is an RV Park in Chadron too (I just posted their first photo for the site but didn't charge there).

The PlugShare comments about the hotel in Hot Springs didn't give me a comfortable feeling that you can just stop in for half an hour for a safety range charge so I didn't want to count on that as an option.

Definitely save some range for the final 25 miles which is the big elevation gain.

Carhenge is at most a 3-mile detour so it's basically on your way but I understand. Besides, I can just show you the pictures anyway.

I'm an hour ahead of you, @SammichLover. There is an RV Park in Chadron too (I just posted their first photo for the site but didn't charge there).

The PlugShare comments about the hotel in Hot Springs didn't give me a comfortable feeling that you can just stop in for half an hour for a safety range charge so I didn't want to count on that as an option.

Definitely save some range for the final 25 miles which is the big elevation gain.

Carhenge is at most a 3-mile detour so it's basically on your way but I understand. Besides, I can just show you the pictures anyway.
Copy on Hot Springs, I had seen that. Expected I’d need to stay a night....or haggle a cash charge.

What is RV park name? Don’t see it on plugshare?

@SammichLover, here is your elevation plot from Ogallala to Custer. I am half the vertical green line near the NE / SD border and am basically at the same elevation that you started or ~3,200 ft.

Custer is at 5,300 ft but that 1,100 ft gain happens in the last 25 miles.

Good luck.

Screenshot_20190517-110700__01__01-723x287.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tracksyde
Copy on Hot Springs, I had seen that. Expected I’d need to stay a night....or haggle a cash charge.

What is RV park name? Don’t see it on plugshare?

You will need to enable "Requires fee" as well as "14-50" but it's the Eagle's Rest RV Park. There is also an RV park just east of Hot Springs. Let me know if you need me to drop my adapter and charge cord there for you.

IMG_20190517_103050-691x518.jpg

Cool display of TMC'ers working together in near-real time. Good luck, guys and safe travels.

We were also chatting offline in near real time. This really is a great community of Owners.

I will post these pics on Plugshare since they don't have a photo for their location and confirmed the Inn is open but didn't test the chargers and might very well be coming back here for some safety range but I will see how it goes.

IMG_20190517_113945-691x518.jpg

IMG_20190517_113959-691x518.jpg