Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A mind of its own?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MX parked in garage, not plugged in, 80% charged, sentry mode off. Frequently, head and tail lights will go on for 30 seconds or so and go go off. Now, in addition to that, driver's door opens and closes by itself and mirrors fold in. Also hearing what sounds like the A/C system coming on. I'm noticing these antics while working in garage. Not carrying fob, which is well away. Seems to coincide with 2020.24.6.4 update. Don't recall it happening prior.
Curious if anybody else's has similar unusual behavior.

Sounds like it might be picking up the signal from a key fob.
I think this seems more likely. Move all key fobs a bit further away in case your movements are amplifying/reflecting keyfob signals. If the phone was the cause, I think the release notes would have told you that you could now use your phone as a key regardless of whether or not it would also be necessary to have the app open.

I think this seems more likely. Move all key fobs a bit further away in case your movements are amplifying/reflecting keyfob signals. If the phone was the cause, I think the release notes would have told you that you could now use your phone as a key regardless of whether or not it would also be necessary to have the app open.
We have a 2021 X and are having the same problem. I have moved the FOBs further away and this will still happen sometimes.

We have a 2021 X and are having the same problem. I have moved the FOBs further away and this will still happen sometimes.
Are you 100% sure sentry mode is off? I was recently at a relative’s house and my car’s lights turned on every time I entered the garage (without a key). Took me a bit to realize that sentry mode was on and that after I turned it off, it defaulted back on each day.