Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A 'Tesla T' for your wall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross-posting from here, where there's more discussion about it, and vague instructions if you'd rather make your own (more pictures on how to make your own are in the link below).

tesla T pic.jpg

I've had a couple of forum members ask for their own 'Telsa T' as shown above and here, so I'm in the process of making a few of them. I'll cross-post this is in the Parts for Sale forum, but if anyone is interested, PM me. Cost is $300 delivered (US only), and is as shown in the photos - a dark metallic grey (a couple of shades darker than the Model S grey, and a bit sparklier). Note that there's a bit of work you'll need to do if you want to hide the wires, so some DIY ability is needed. In particular:

- The lights take a 12v feed (from the supplied wall wart PSU). I've put mine in the attic above the garage, and run it in the wall to exit behind the main section of the 'T'. I'd recommend doing the same, or running it up from an existing wall outlet, but still putting the wire in the wall if possible.
- The top section is connected to the main section with a small 2-core wire for power. Again, this is easily hidden in the wall, I just put a small hole behind the top section, and dangles the wire until I could grab it through the larger hole behind the main section.
- Finally, both parts hang using standard picture fittings, so if you can keep your screws level, you'll be fine. I guess the top section requires a bit of skill to get it positioned exactly right, but I didn't do anything special aside from eyeball it once the main section was up.

If all of this sounds like too much hassle, I could also mount the T on a back-board (painted in what I think is pretty close to the darker 'Tesla red' used in their stores for an additional $50. Just let me know if you want the power cable to exit straight out the back, or if you want it run in a channel on the back to exit at the top or bottom.

Note, dimensions are 30" high, by 36" wide.

Thanks, Pete

Last edited:
Hello All!

Pete produced this awesome Tesla T for me as well. I originally was going to mount it flush on my grey wall, but decided that the red board behind it would add a great flair! I have prepped the board and mounted the T now. All that is left is to hang it. Here are a couple of pictures. All I can say is that I had a few places quote me the cost to produce something similar and they wanted 5 times as much as Pete. If you are thinking about adding some ZING to your garage, talk to Pete.

20130403_112848.jpg
20130403_112904.jpg

Jason

Come Join Our Group
https://www.facebook.com/OhioTeslaGroup

Thanks Jason. I'm in Holland and Sweden for the next 10 days wrapping up a project, but then manufacturing will be back in full swing :). I have a few of the 'T's (without the backing board) ready to ship on my return. I need to slightly reduce the size of future T's on the board to confirm to Fedex's size limitations, otherwise I have to pay an additional $50 to ship. It's sized to fit in a regular server box (solving my other problem of having to buy custom boxes). Will post the new dims when I'm back, but it's not much of a reduction.

It's a bit crude even for a mockup, but I figured it's worth sharing nonetheless:

View attachment 20184

Very cool... but the red could be perceived a bit Rudolph-ish. Suggest a white light behind it instead, or maybe orange like the side markers. Probably wouldn't be that hard to pull off. Should talk to Al and Ed (Ellie) about this one. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

@ Jay... you've got one sick set up! Lovin it. I'm gonna have to make T for my hanger soon.