Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your Garage charging setup! (pictures, Wall Connector, multi-EV)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got our 2nd MY home today. I tucked the wires into the wall to get them out of the way. Hope there aren't any mice in there. I usually have the lawn mower against the wall. It's a little awkward that way. I need to tinker with it a bit more.
PXL_20231007_225434710.jpg

PXL_20231007_225440255.jpg

PXL_20231007_215208858~2.jpg

I like the frowny-face Amazon box.
LOL it is a makeshift air filter. Had Thanksgiving dinner in my garage. That is a heater - wired for future EV with a manual switch. Rarely use heater but bought it for Thanksgiving and thought might as well filter the air while I am at it, also wanted to pick up the cooler air from below to run through the heater.

Sits on the side wall and can back car in or pull forward charger cable still reaches. Breaker box next to the blue toy had electrician wire it over and across for a couple hundred bucks. Too lazy to go back outside to shoot another photo as this is an older shot but the Tesla Wall Connector is just on the right outside the camera shot.View attachment 996605
Damn - nice stable!

Reactions: N0sferatU
Damn - nice stable!

Thanks man! It's all about variety. I'm a car guy and appreciate both ICE and EV unlike some that are ICE or nothing or EV life forget ICE camps. I've had tons of other cars in the past too but I cap it at three. My daily, wife's daily, the weekend toy. We share the RS7 (wife's car and has the two baby seats in it), the Tesla is my daily. She hates it. She likes the physical buttons in the RS7 and the V8 rumble. She's a keeper that loves cars. No SUV / minivan. The exotic is not my first but I try to check different "boxes" when I buy them. First British car, first convertible, and first "the doors go up" for me. I will say at highway speeds even stock the 720S is no joke. Seat of the pants it feels close to my Plaid at say 50-55% charge as it can do low 5s 60-130 the 720S.

I posted my installation above, but this one is my step son's installation for his M3P and his girl friend's M3 RWD Tessies.

It was a relatively easy installation as the main service panel is located on the outside wall of the garage. He went with a 50 amp breaker (40 amp charging) and whilst he could have used #8 for 50 amps went with #6 THHN/THWN-2 in 3/4" conduit.

IMG_3995.JPG

This used to be the main service panel, but it is now fed by the generator transfer which is now the "service equipment". This contains a 200 amp main breaker, and space for four 2-pole breakers and has feed through lugs which feed a panel located inside the house for all the house's circuits except the pool and EVSE. The Tesla Wall Connector breaker is the top left breaker that just happened to be turned off when this photo was snapped. The generator is a 27 kW water cooled Generac that will run the whole house.

IMG_3994.JPG

Here in SE FL most house's outside walls are constructed from concrete block, as is this one.
IMG_3993.JPG

IMG_3992.JPG

Reactions: easyev
I posted my installation above, but this one is my step son's installation for his M3P and his girl friend's M3 RWD Tessies.

It was a relatively easy installation as the main service panel is located on the outside wall of the garage. He went with a 50 amp breaker (40 amp charging) and whilst he could have used #8 for 50 amps went with #6 THHN/THWN-2 in 3/4" conduit.

View attachment 1002736

This used to be the main service panel, but it is now fed by the generator transfer which is now the "service equipment". This contains a 200 amp main breaker, and space for four 2-pole breakers and has feed through lugs which feed a panel located inside the house for all the house's circuits except the pool and EVSE. The Tesla Wall Connector breaker is the top left breaker that just happened to be turned off when this photo was snapped. The generator is a 27 kW water cooled Generac that will run the whole house.

View attachment 1002737
Here in SE FL most house's outside walls are constructed from concrete block, as is this one.
View attachment 1002739

View attachment 1002740
Curious, is that a water hose connection inches from the HV box?? Odd placement if so.