Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Thread for New 2023 Model Y/3 Owners AND First Time EV Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Everyone!

I figured that since there has been an influx of new Model Y/3 buyers and overall first time EV buyers, including myself, we should share our experiences and how it's been!
Instead of the dreaded but extremely insightful waiting rooms that make waiting THAT much harder, let's discuss your experiences thus far going EV and Tesla!

I came from a twin turbo V8 Benz which I sold and I still have a GSXR 750 which I plan on selling soon...

Tesla life has been interesting.. The ordering process should come with warnings and guidelines since the forums are plagued with redundant questions that have been answered time and time again but are warranted since Tesla leaves buyers in the dark about their unique buying process..

I have a Black/Black Model Y Performance and have been increasingly enjoying it more and more as time has passed. I was one of the lucky ones that got HW4 and Matrix lights althouhg we have yet to see any substantial benefits of HW4 other than clearer and wider camera angles?

Let's hear your experience! Loving the change? Missing ICE vehicles? I don't foresee myself going back especially since I have charging at home and no longer have to worry about making it the gas station prior to or after work!

Greetings,

I sold my 2016 GSX-R750 last year and bought a BMW X5.

Im about to add a MYP to the fleet.
20210417_134648.jpg

Wow that’s pretty.. Mine is an 07 that I’ve had since 2013.. was my only ride for some time back then.. you track yours? You’re going to enjoy the MYP.. it’s a fun car for sure!
I did track my GSX-R750 when I had it. I did all the texas tracks, NOLA and Barber.

I considered Eagles Canyon raceway just north of Dallas, Texas my home track.

Reactions: Bucketz
Received my MYLR last week after 2-3 years of hemming and hawing about what I should get/wait for. Had a pre-order on the Rivian that I finally canceled b/c it wouldn't fit in my garage (first world problems) and looked at a myriad selection of hybrid/PHEVs/full electric options or "soon to arrive" options. Once the price drop happened, the Y felt like a no brainer for me. I took the wheel covers off and put the black Rimetrix wheel covers on instead as I like the look better. So far, so great. Taking it on a 4-ish hour road trip this week, which will be interesting.

Attachments

• IMG_6877.jpeg
    IMG_6877.jpeg
    722.7 KB · Views: 109
Received my MYLR last week after 2-3 years of hemming and hawing about what I should get/wait for. Had a pre-order on the Rivian that I finally canceled b/c it wouldn't fit in my garage (first world problems) and looked at a myriad selection of hybrid/PHEVs/full electric options or "soon to arrive" options. Once the price drop happened, the Y felt like a no brainer for me. I took the wheel covers off and put the black Rimetrix wheel covers on instead as I like the look better. So far, so great. Taking it on a 4-ish hour road trip this week, which will be interesting.
Nice! I almost feel like this car is made for roadtripping... you'll surely enjoy it!

I've had EV's for 7 years.. but just got my first Tesla MYLR from Berlin. First impression is that its a good car which drives well manually.. and I really like the Midnight Cherry Red color. In fact my first car (a 77-model Golf MK I) had the same color (but without the 1000 layers of clear coat).

I rented a 2022 MYLR (made in China) a few months back and in comparison to that, the 2023 "made in Germany" has a softer suspension that gives better comfort. I was also surprised at the higher acceleration of the 2023 model compared to the 2022. I know it should be the same, but it feels much more violent. Maybe its due to the new hairpin motors?

So for now, I am just enjoying every ride. The only downside is a charging port that doesn't lock to the menneskes charging cable + the "parking assist unavailable" message. Tesla mobile service should show up later today.

My first BEV. I've have a PHEV for the past 5 years, a Chevy Volt. Great car for commuting. Small car for road tripping and camping.

I like the Y a lot on the highway. It can just eat kilometres. Of the main highways though the car can be a bit grating over rougher roads. I did 100km on Sunday past over poor road conditions and I was happy when that trip ended. I think the tires that come on the car are not the greatest and some new rubber would smooth things out a bit.

Charging infrastructure here is ok, we have level 3 chargers every 100km along the highway but at 62.5kW. There are going to be seven 175kW chargers added to those, with 2 locations capable of 350kW if only one car is charging. Looking forward to those, and since they will be new ChargePoint chargers they should have NACS.

Small bugs aside, it's been a great car so far. I'll have 4k kms on it by the end of the week after a month of ownership.

I've had EV's for 7 years.. but just got my first Tesla MYLR from Berlin. First impression is that its a good car which drives well manually.. and I really like the Midnight Cherry Red color. In fact my first car (a 77-model Golf MK I) had the same color (but without the 1000 layers of clear coat).

I rented a 2022 MYLR (made in China) a few months back and in comparison to that, the 2023 "made in Germany" has a softer suspension that gives better comfort. I was also surprised at the higher acceleration of the 2023 model compared to the 2022. I know it should be the same, but it feels much more violent. Maybe its due to the new hairpin motors?

So for now, I am just enjoying every ride. The only downside is a charging port that doesn't lock to the menneskes charging cable + the "parking assist unavailable" message. Tesla mobile service should show up later today.
You guys are lucky that you have the cherry red color! It's really nice! Hopefully those issues get sorted - park assist is buggy so don't anticipate amazing things just yet until they refine the Tesla Vision concept

My first BEV. I've have a PHEV for the past 5 years, a Chevy Volt. Great car for commuting. Small car for road tripping and camping.

I like the Y a lot on the highway. It can just eat kilometres. Of the main highways though the car can be a bit grating over rougher roads. I did 100km on Sunday past over poor road conditions and I was happy when that trip ended. I think the tires that come on the car are not the greatest and some new rubber would smooth things out a bit.

Charging infrastructure here is ok, we have level 3 chargers every 100km along the highway but at 62.5kW. There are going to be seven 175kW chargers added to those, with 2 locations capable of 350kW if only one car is charging. Looking forward to those, and since they will be new ChargePoint chargers they should have NACS.

Small bugs aside, it's been a great car so far. I'll have 4k kms on it by the end of the week after a month of ownership.
Nice! The upsize of the Y must be a big difference for you. I love the size as well. Have you considered home charging if it's a possibility for you?

We did the same on our 19” sport wheels and bounce between cover on, all black look, and covers off having replaced rhe centers, all silver look
Fun

har bil din parkeringsensoren?

I first got a Volvo C40 P8 Ultimate. It was a POS and I regretted it. It was more NVH, and just terrible compared to my Acura RDX ASPEC Advance, even if it was way quicker. I ended up trading it for a Kia EV6 GT though, because gas prices are nuts, and I absolutely love it. No way will I go back to ICE.

I came from a 2022 Mazda 3 Carbon Edition. Will I ever go back to ICE? Absolutely NOT! Been on 3 road trips since taking delivery back in February and I love the auto pilot feature. AP makes roadtrips a lot better!

Only issues I had were the body alignments and the rear door not closing correctly. Had all issues fixed. I have the Long Range.

IMG_9767.jpeg

I came from a 2022 Mazda 3 Carbon Edition. Will I ever go back to ICE? Absolutely NOT! Been on 3 road trips since taking delivery back in February and I love the auto pilot feature. AP makes roadtrips a lot better!

Only issues I had were the body alignments and the rear door not closing correctly. Had all issues fixed. I have the Long Range.

View attachment 955286
Nice ride! I feel the same as you - I couldn't go back. Regarding fixing the door, how was that process? Easy to schedule and have done?

View attachment 955286
Did the new wheels help with road comfort and efficiency?

Nice ride! I feel the same as you - I couldn't go back. Regarding fixing the door, how was that process? Easy to schedule and have done?
Process was simple. Opened the Tesla App, click service, click request service and you type in your issue and you can add pictures and videos showing the issue. Schedule a time and date. Probably the easiest way to service your car!