Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Thread for New 2023 Model Y/3 Owners AND First Time EV Owners!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the new wheels help with road comfort and efficiency?

Not sure about comfort, I took my Gemini wheels off the day i got them. I replaced them with Replika R241 and stayed with the same 19" diameter. The only changes I made was that I made them a 1" thinner so there is no chances of Curb Rashes! I suspect the Comfort and the efficiency would be the same since the wheels are lighter than the stock Gemini wheels.

To be honest, I am not too concerned about loosing a few miles of efficiency with these wheels. I love the looks, rides smooth and already been on 3 road trips this year!

Not sure about comfort, I took my Gemini wheels off the day i got them. I replaced them with Replika R241 and stayed with the same 19" diameter. The only changes I made was that I made them a 1" thinner so there is no chances of Curb Rashes! I suspect the Comfort and the efficiency would be the same since the wheels are lighter than the stock Gemini wheels.

To be honest, I am not too concerned about loosing a few miles of efficiency with these wheels. I love the looks, rides smooth and already been on 3 road trips this year!
Cool! I’m downgrading from 21s to 19s and I suspect the ride quality and comfort will improve

Got the Tesla model Y long range to replace Lexus GX470. Still learning with this computer on wheels .. So far pretty happy with it....
BTW, I have the Enhanced Auto Pilot and wonder if it does automatic lane change... Any help would be appreciated ..
Regards
Bh

Nice! I almost feel like this car is made for roadtripping... you'll surely enjoy it!
Road trip was great - drove from Houston-area to Fort Worth, had to stop in Waco to recharge and then got to the hotel with plenty of charge left. There was a slow charger available at the hotel as the closest supercharger wasn't very convenient, so I plugged it in for a few hours here and there (when there wasn't a regular car blocking it). Driving home had to make two stops as we took a detour to see my in-laws. But that said, I've loved driving it and have had no range anxiety whatsoever. Have a service appointment in a few weeks to look at a few small-ish things (some small smudges on the microfiber, a few paint imperfections, etc), but overall it's been really good so far.

Reactions: Bucketz
Road trip was great - drove from Houston-area to Fort Worth, had to stop in Waco to recharge and then got to the hotel with plenty of charge left. There was a slow charger available at the hotel as the closest supercharger wasn't very convenient, so I plugged it in for a few hours here and there (when there wasn't a regular car blocking it). Driving home had to make two stops as we took a detour to see my in-laws. But that said, I've loved driving it and have had no range anxiety whatsoever. Have a service appointment in a few weeks to look at a few small-ish things (some small smudges on the microfiber, a few paint imperfections, etc), but overall it's been really good so far.
I have 1600 miles on my 2023 MYLR (HW4 + matrix headlamps) + FSD Beta. I was a devoted Audi A4 customer. I came from a Audi A4 Prestige trim (2018). Even with the newer suspension in the MYLR, the Audi had a better suspension. However, everything else with the MYLR is significantly better. When I picked up our Tesla I had a 5-page list to review the car. I spent hours crawling over the car and I could not find a deficiency. I was used to Audi which has excellent fit and finish. We have solar power at our home so my cost for driving is essentially zero because I just keep it plugged into the 50-amp outlet. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking. During the past month we took 2 camping trips using the Tesla Camp Mode. It is wonderful. We have a MegamatY foam/air mattress and we sleep in our "tube hotel." The comfort as compared to our old tent is remarkable. At State Park campsites, we choose the TT30 (30 amp) electrical connections and can power-up the Tesla. When we leave we have a full (95% SOC) for our next drive, to another state park or back to home. I am increasingly impressed with FSD Beta. I set the navigation to a destination (with stopovers to reduce our travel on interstate highways) and the car drives itself. I am always attentive, but I am amazed with the very few interventions that I must make. It is more relaxing than Autopilot alone. I am a long-term Tesla stockholder, but previously I did not even look at the car. I was persuaded after the summer 2023 price reductions. It was a good choice for purchase. This is truly a remarkable car with outstanding technology.

I have 1600 miles on my 2023 MYLR (HW4 + matrix headlamps) + FSD Beta. I was a devoted Audi A4 customer. I came from an Audi A4 Prestige trim (2018). Even with the newer suspension in the MYLR, the Audi had a better suspension. However, everything else with the MYLR is significantly better. When I picked up our Tesla I had a 5-page list to review the car. I spent hours crawling over the car and I could not find a deficiency. I was used to Audi which has excellent fit and finish. We have solar power at our home so my cost for driving is essentially zero because I just keep it plugged into the 50-amp outlet. My wife and I enjoy camping and hiking. During the past month we took 2 camping trips using the Tesla Camp Mode. It is wonderful. We have a MegamatY foam/air mattress and we sleep in our "tube hotel." The comfort as compared to our old tent is remarkable. At State Park campsites, we choose the TT30 (30 amp) electrical connections and can power-up the Tesla. When we leave we have a full (95% SOC) for our next drive, to another state park or back to home. I am increasingly impressed with FSD Beta. I set the navigation to a destination (with stopovers to reduce our travel on interstate highways) and the car drives itself. I am always attentive, but I am amazed with the very few interventions that I must make. It is more relaxing than Autopilot alone. I am a long-term Tesla stockholder, but previously I did not even look at the car. I was persuaded after the summer 2023 price reductions. It was a good choice for purchase. This is truly a remarkable car with outstanding technology.
Thanks
This is rhe typical Tesla owner story
Good for your family
Please get rid of all ICE vehicles
Spread the word