Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Able to open door at red light even when showing locked?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is a serious security issue on my model Y (and perhaps others). I had my wife get in the car and put it in drive and wait as in a stop light. I approached the driver's door without a cell phone and I was able to open her door from even though it was showing the lock sign on the screen. That means that anybody can approach you at a red light and open your door... How long has this been going on???

• Helpful
Reactions: VegasMYP
There is a serious security issue on my model Y (and perhaps others). I had my wife get in the car and put it in drive and wait as in a stop light. I approached the driver's door without a cell phone and I was able to open her door from even though it was showing the lock sign on the screen. That means that anybody can approach you at a red light and open your door... How long has this been going on???
Had she moved after putting it in drive?

IMO, the only way to be able to open the door when in drive is to have your foot pressing the brake pedal.