Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About Tesla insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all!

I am going to be a new owner of M3P soon!
In California, I heard Tesla has insurance business, claims 20% or 30% lower than usual insurance.
And I happen to live in CA.

But I am not sure how I can make a quote..
If I don't have the car yet, I won't be able to get a quote?

And for those who has Tesla insurance, how much cheaper than your previous insurance?

Thanks all!

I believe you can make a get a quote even if you don't have a quote yet. Give Tesla Insurance a call, I am sure they can help you out.

As for insurance rates comparison, I saved 30% from Allstate, but also having better coverage compared to Allstate. But of course, all depends on your age, gender, driving history, etc.

....And I happen to live in CA.....
Are you sure?:D

Screen Shot 2020-05-07 at 6.45.53 AM.png

Hey guys - so GEICO jacked up my rate to $2600 for every 6 months and I got a quote from Tesla Insurance to compare and it's $900 for 6 months. I used the same coverage to do the rates ($2500 deductible, $100k/$300k injury). So I started to play around with the numbers and started making the coverage more favorable piece by piece (decreased deductible, increased injury coverage) but the premium did not increase at all. Eventually I just did everything the best coverage ($100 deductible and $1m injury) and the quote is the same! Is this a glitch or error? Anyone else have same experience?