Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm speculating dual-motor drive proved so advantageous when testing Model X, that they have decided that all Tesla vehicles will sport "The D" from now on.
I agree and go one further that it has been quietly included in cars rolling off the line for the last month or so.
I'm not saying it's false, but I think that would be an incredibly risky maneuver without buyout from certain government agencies. I find it unlikely that none of them have leaked info.

Imagine any ICE manufacturer "slipping in" a 2nd engine into a vehicle without telling anyone. Crash safety is just one area of concern.

"But but a motor is safer and different from an engine..."
Yes, that's true and it alleviates some concerns but even those distinctions would be lost on a lot of the folks that would be concerned about such a move.

Anybody know if this event is going to be live streamed and at what time? You would think there would be something about it on the Tesla website but cant find anything! Help!

Supposedly livestreaming has not been planned. I presume that was to encourage live attendance and video coverage by the news media. But I would not be surprised if the company relents to public demand as the event nears, and brings in a TV crew to televise it. If not livestreamed, I would expect a recording to be made available shortly afterward.

For those coming to the event tonight exit freeway 105 at Crenshaw and then right after you pass 120th St turn right into the Hawthorne airport. Valet parking is provided. I just stopped by a few minutes ago. I'll try to post updates @teslaweekly on Twitter and Instagram.