Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why is this so difficult to sort out?
1)Someone, with an invitation or a link to the actual start time...what time does this event actually begin?
2)Is there or is there not a live stream? If so, where?

Moderators...would be great if we had an informational thread that summarized this information. Maybe lock it until the event starts so it doesn't turn into this thread redeux.

boo, I looked at #ElonsD and didn't see anything new.

you keep looking for #ELonsD and you may end up at a site you don't want to be on :wink:

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this so difficult to sort out?
1)Someone, with an invitation or a link to the actual start time...what time does this event actually begin?
2)Is there or is there not a live stream? If so, where?

Moderators...would be great if we had an informational thread that summarized this information. Maybe lock it until the event starts so it doesn't turn into this thread redeux.

7pm Pacific. hasn't changed from OP.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent... We're taking the S. Better half did not want to take her Roadster. Anyone else from the OC Tesla group?

not sure.

Right, it goes from 0 to 60 in 1s. Solved.
jetcar.jpg

I am still struggling with elon's "magnitude", comment. To me that suggests something bigger than dual motor or model x or model 3. i surmise some breakthrough has been reached. Ultra low cost battery pack or perhaps a solar city install with vehicles going forward or something else equally as "impossible" or inplausible. If so i will be glad to spend $50k or less on my upcoming model x :cool:

I am still struggling with elon's "magnitude", comment. To me that suggests something bigger than dual motor or model x or model 3. i surmise some breakthrough has been reached. Ultra low cost battery pack or perhaps a solar city install with vehicles going forward or something else equally as "impossible" or inplausible. If so i will be glad to spend $50k or less on my upcoming model x :cool:

But his magnitude comment was linked to the "D" that has already been guessed. As in, people already know what it is, but underestimate its magnitude. Which is why I think it's more likely a crazy 0-100 time, or crazy improvements in handling, rather than something new like an ultra low cost battery pack or a solar city install, as nobody has been saying those things.

I think D might stand for Dashboard. The latest Motor Trend issue has a rumor that the AWD S will have an upgraded interior that will spread across the range. Tesla has been keeping both upgrades hush-hush so people won't cancel their current orders or delay their purchases until the upgraded models arrive.

But his magnitude comment was linked to the "D" that has already been guessed. As in, people already know what it is, but underestimate its magnitude. Which is why I think it's more likely a crazy 0-100 time, or crazy improvements in handling, rather than something new like an ultra low cost battery pack or a solar city install, as nobody has been saying those things.

I'm speculating dual-motor drive proved so advantageous when testing Model X, that they have decided that all Tesla vehicles will sport "The D" from now on.

Good point, i re watched the video and agree with you