Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know tech advances, but man, the first 2 years of model S are majorly obsoleted and have got to take a huge hit on resale from this.
The Model S is hardy "obsolete" and I doubt there will be a major hit to the resale value. Not everyone want the car to drive itself so the new features will not prevent people from buying the older models.

Some people actually enjoy driving the Model S ;)

I still have the page open in my browser on the USA Today before they took it down. Here is the txt:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/10/09/tesla-musk-safety-driver-aids/16986665/

HAWTHORNE, Calif. — Tesla Motors didn't announce the self-driving car that some had expected but did roll out an exotic suite of driver-aid and safety features Thursday night.
And it said it'll have a hopped-up version of its Model S that has all-wheel drive and blasts to 60 mph in little more than 3 seconds.

The AWD cars will carry the designation D, and the new top version of the Model S, the AWD P85D, will be among the fastest-accelerating sedans ever: 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds, according to Tesla. Five or six seconds is considered very quick.

The 85D models start being delivered to buyers in December. The other AWD models, 60D and 85D, arrive in buyers hands in February.

•The new system will move the car over a lane when the driver uses the turn signal.
•The car reads speed-limit signs and adjusts the car to the speed on the sign.

Moderator Note: Article excerpted to comply with "fair use" provisions of copyright law

Last edited by a moderator: