Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About white interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I wanted to get a thought around how the white interior holds up.
Does it get dirty very easily?
Would blue jeans transfer pigment to the white seat?

For those who currently have a white interior, would you choose the same if you build yours with the white one again?

Any comments would be helpful. :)

I bought a new Performance S with white and a new Performance 3 with white and wouldn’t buy anything else. I wear jeans about 99 percent of the time and my seats look like brand new. I do wear light color jeans and have heard some people say wet jeans have discolored the white slightly but I haven’t experienced that. I think the whites looks so much nicer but obviously that’s my opinion. I’m in the market for a Performance Y and was offered 3 inventory Y’s but all had black interiors so I passed on them.

I have 28K on my white 3D. It is still a stunning interior (after I wrapped the piano black console to match). You'll need to wipe the seats every two or three weeks for them to retain the "new look" but the white material is durable. I just use non-alchohol baby wipes and the seats look great. If you going to have child seats in the car or carry dogs regularly, I'd invest in a seat cover or pet hammock.

No regrets...Model 3 white interior is CAF.

No signs of wear. My dad has the white interior and complains about the reflection on the windows and the touchscreen. The white dash is too bright for him too. He complains about everything though. I like the looks of it but I think my seat with the black interior is more comfortable. Probably just needs adjusted as I'm guessing they are the same underneath.

Reactions: Carolina Karl
Love them and no stains here. I coated them with Gyeon Shield.
20200415_163745.jpg 20200415_163752.jpg

I’ll make it an even 10 posts and 100% happiness with the white interior. I’m also waiting on my MY and have been offered three MYs from Tesla that became available but none had the white interior. Thus, I continue to wait...

I enjoy not having to worry about my side mirrors when driving on sunny days - a reflected white bar from the dash effectively crosses out the mirror glass and saves me from looking at what’s behind or coming up beside. I find the white seats really easy to keep clean. A weekly vacuum seems to suffice, and the material is very durable.

-Alex

• Funny
Reactions: EVNation
I enjoy not having to worry about my side mirrors when driving on sunny days - a reflected white bar from the dash effectively crosses out the mirror glass and saves me from looking at what’s behind or coming up beside. I find the white seats really easy to keep clean. A weekly vacuum seems to suffice, and the material is very durable.

Now that you mention it, I forgot about the reflection of the white dash onto the wing mirror glass. I actually wrapped that white piece with a matrix black vinyl wrap. Dash doesn't look as good with the wrap, but the reflection is gone. Some people don't seem to have that reflection problem, so possibly caused by my seating position ?

White Seats ALL DAY! They are super easy to clean with some baby wipes. Every Sunday when I wash my car, Quick minute wiping it down, and looks brand new. They only issue I have is the vegan leather, tends to crack / wrinkle easy on the bolsters.

Mine still looking good after 1yr 5mos and 22K miles. I use warm soapy Dawn dish detergent and a white wash cloth and it does a great job of cleaning the jean transfer that gets on the seat during those months that I wear pants. Agree about the white dash strip reflecting right through the middle of the side mirrors... although I don't actively notice it all the time, once you start looking for it, you'll probably see it every time. Was disappointed they didn't improve on that in the Model Y. Love the white and it gets a lot of reaction....but the only reason I may opt for black in the future is because the Model 3 already is a bit of fishbowl when looking into the car from the front... and having the bright white interior only makes the driver/occupants even more visible... was kind of thinking I like the more stealthy feature of the black interior in that passengers tend to be more hidden. I'll probably think about in the future when I'm placing my next order for white interior again. :p

I went with black because I have a friend with white interior and it shows dirt very easily - especially in the cracks and nooks where small debris can collect. He has to constantly clean it to keep them looking new. Stains will come out easily though so no problems there. I also prefer look of an all black interior, so the decision was much easier for me.