Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Desiccant Bag replacement service cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I CALLED TESLA LOCAL and they told me the d bag is magnetic inside so any pieces of metal collect in the bag..maybe shavings or stuff in the system??? If this is true then i guess it would prevent clogging?

Never heard of a magnet in them for collecting metal. Bags are specifically designed to solve moisture problems associated with air conditioning (AC) and refrigeration systems.

The people are SCs often have no idea what they are talking about so don’t take what they have to say as fact, unless you have confirmed it elsewhere.

Reactions: rpiotro
Never heard of a magnet in them for collecting metal. Bags are specifically designed to solve moisture problems associated with air conditioning (AC) and refrigeration systems.

The people are SCs often have no idea what they are talking about so don’t take what they have to say as fact, unless you have confirmed it elsewhere.
sorry he said its magnetic inside to collect any metal shavings etc?

sorry he said its magnetic inside to collect any metal shavings etc?
No particular reason to think the guy was wrong. Anytime one has pumps with good, old metal to metal contact, lubricant or no lubricant, metal shavings are a likely consequence.

Admittedly, an ICE oil system isn’t an air conditioner, but drain plugs on a number of cars I’ve worked on had magnets in the plug. And there was almost always some fine filings on that bitty magnet.