Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost £1.5k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You should switch off the obstacle awareness acceleration option in the autopilot section, makes a big difference
I concur on this one - after one of recent releases AB effect seemed to vanish and yes it makes a big difference (you get used to AB)
Courtesy of helpful folks on this forum the root cause was identified and resolved.

Makes driving my M3LR an absolute joy, can't recommend it enough and it's significantly cheaper than buying M3P.

I hope you changed driving mode to Sport as it seems strange that you didn’t really notice the change. Off the line it feels pretty much the same as before but accelerating above 10-15moh it pushes your head back far more dramatically & is almost indistinguishable from the Performance model…it’s really useful for safe overtaking.
"Safe Overtaking" - What a good phrase... I might use that ;)

Reactions: yfwt and Drew57
"Safe Overtaking" - What a good phrase... I might use that ;)
Now that I have a car that is actually capable of "Safe Overtaking" ;) It's actually quite useful especially when it involves lane merges, 3-4+ lane setups with exits in all directions, lanes increasing etc (especially if you add traffic lights) you can find that is sometimes get very 'chaotic' as people jostle for position, try to get incorrect lanes etc.

The ability to rapidly accelerate to the speed limit and put a few hundred metres between yourself and the mob, while they fight for position, actually makes for a continued safe and relaxing journey.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it

Acceleration boost - is it worth it?

Just though I would put it out there. Anyone got the acceleration boost on their 2021 M3 LR? Is it worth it? Do you really notice the difference? I would be interested in your experience and thoughts......

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Achybolo
2020 M3LR with the boost added 6 weeks after purchase.

Not much difference to the original car from a standing start but once moving there's a very noticeable surge from about 20mph & above that wasn't there before. Overtaking is instant, effortless & safe which is where I tend to use this.

If the car is driven without using the available performance then I don't believe the boost has made a noticeable difference to consumption - as an example, from a 20 mile journey home on the A41 this evening (10ºC) the car achieved 188kWm averaging between 40-60mph.

Even without the Acceleration Boost the LR is an exceptionally fast car & I'm of an age where I have no desire to impress so 'quietly understated' suits me perfectly without spending considerably more for a fraction of a second + spoiler and calipers, more easily damaged alloys and higher tyre/insurance costs..

I have no regrets since purchasing and would do the same if I buy a Model YLR..

Reactions: M3noob
I have the acceleration boost. I do like to accelerate quite quickly for fun on occasion, particularly when joining the M25 at Junction 19 where there is a lovely long stretch prior to the motorway.

Do I notice the difference? That's a bit of a tough one. I think we get used to things. When I first bought my M3LR it felt insanely fast (didn't have AB). Then I think I got used to it and everything else just felt slow. So then I added AB about a year ago and I think I noticed it being markedly quicker. But now I have got used to it again.

I wonder if this happens to Plaid owners...

I have the acceleration boost. I do like to accelerate quite quickly for fun on occasion, particularly when joining the M25 at Junction 19 where there is a lovely long stretch prior to the motorway.

Do I notice the difference? That's a bit of a tough one. I think we get used to things. When I first bought my M3LR it felt insanely fast (didn't have AB). Then I think I got used to it and everything else just felt slow. So then I added AB about a year ago and I think I noticed it being markedly quicker. But now I have got used to it again.

I wonder if this happens to Plaid owners...
Its definitely true My LR does not feel fast anymore. I am pretty sure there is nothing wrong with it. First time passengers appear to be in the same level of discomforts as when I got it. You do get used to it after a while.

Reactions: AnthonyLR
For me I sometime dont notice the boost but it's there as just the other day i timed 3.7 0-60. Taking a "guest" in the car and then flooring it has always been worthwhile though the last one was gripping the door handle so tight his hands were white after a quick sprint :) as with everything you get used to it and stop noticing things but that doesnt mean its not there and doing its intended job!