Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Not Available on 2024 Models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to reply to you until I read your tone used in the last paragraph and decided not to.
It's of no consequence to me, you can defend your claim or not. For everyone else reading this thread, it is still valuable to point out that your factual proclamation is in direct contradiction to what others in this thread actively trying to purchase AB for their own vehicles are being told by Tesla.

It's of no consequence to me, you can defend your claim or not. For everyone else reading this thread, it is still valuable to point out that your factual proclamation is in direct contradiction to what others in this thread actively trying to purchase AB for their own vehicles are being told by Tesla.

I sincerely appreciate you pointing it all out to me.

Since it is of no consequence to you, please allow me to communicate directly with those who care (and know how to take / write with a civilized tone).

Cheers.

I just purchased my 2024 Model Y Long Range AWD last week and I don’t have the acceleration boost option in the Software upgrades in my Tesla app. There are folks that don’t have this option available for some weird reason. I was told by Tesla customer service over the phone that I don’t have this option due to the battery type installed in my car.
Just trying to help you out here as a follow Tesla owner.

Have you tried logging into your Tesla account on a computer (desktop website) outside of the app and see if it shows up under your account?

Additionally, have you tried logging out, deleting, and re-installing the Tesla app?

I’d exhaust all other options first before choosing to believe Tesla customer service. I wouldn’t put anything past this company anymore, but, there are a few posts on the internet from a couple of years ago saying that some folks had experienced this. Tesla’s official documentation is nonexistent on this matter and no official communication, either. So while it is possible that they’ve pulled a fast one, let’s try to see how far we can go.

Reactions: MYLRGeek
My cars specs for those that are curious/interested:

2024 MYLR AWD, 7 seat, Fremont
Rear motor is a 990 3DS (?) - can’t upgrade with Ghost either
Battery: BT48 (according to Tesla customer service on the phone)

Here’s the things I’ve done to get the AB option:
I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. Still don’t see the option in the Buy tab under Upgrades within the app. Called Tesla twice. First time they said my car wasn’t AWD but my purchase placard says I have AWD and within the app under Specs & Warranty it shows I have AWD and I’ve verified with the dealership. Second time I called they mentioned the battery discrepancy. Went back to the dealer and said had I have known that my particular car wouldn’t qualify to get AB, I probably would have just bought the Performance model. I wanted a 7 seater but I also wanted the option to get AB.

Reactions: youngmcdonald
My cars specs for those that are curious/interested:

2024 MYLR AWD, 7 seat, Fremont
Rear motor is a 990 3DS (?) - can’t upgrade with Ghost either

Here’s the things I’ve done to get the AB option:
I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. Still don’t see the option in the Buy tab under Upgrades within the app. Called Tesla twice. First time they said my car wasn’t AWD but my purchase placard says I have AWD and within the app under Specs & Warranty it shows I have AWD and I’ve verified with the dealership. Second time I called they mentioned the battery discrepancy. Went back to the dealer and said had I have known that my particular car wouldn’t qualify to get AB, I probably would have just bought the Performance model. I wanted a 7 seater but I also wanted the option to get AB.

I think you’ve tried everything. I just wanted to make sure that option is not staring right at you which happens sometimes as it’s on another tab.

The next step is to wait a while. Assuming this battery related claim is indeed true, maybe they just haven’t qualified that battery to get this upgrade (and eventually they would)?

Just trying to help you out here as a follow Tesla owner.

Have you tried logging into your Tesla account on a computer (desktop website) outside of the app and see if it shows up under your account?

Additionally, have you tried logging out, deleting, and re-installing the Tesla app?

I’d exhaust all other options first before choosing to believe Tesla customer service. I wouldn’t put anything past this company anymore, but, there are a few posts on the internet from a couple of years ago saying that some folks had experienced this. Tesla’s official documentation is nonexistent on this matter and no official communication, either. So while it is possible that they’ve pulled a fast one, let’s try to see how far we can go.
I appreciate the help. I haven’t tried logging in via the website and see if the option is available. Will do that right now.

I think you’ve tried everything. I just wanted to make sure that option is not staring right at you which happens sometimes as it’s on another tab.

The next step is to wait a while. Assuming this battery related claim is indeed true, maybe they just haven’t qualified that battery to get this upgrade (and eventually they would)?

I will try to ask the question in a polite manner. In a previous post in this thread, you made a statement that did not appear to have any qualifications around it. That statement was:

AB is available for all Model Y Long Range trim. All years. Not available for other Model Y trims anymore.

The statement above confused me a bit, since I dont think the acceleration boost option for model Y has ever been available for any trim other than the Long Range AWD one, but I also dont work for Tesla so dont know this.

Is there any information you can provide around your statement above that "AB is available for all model Y long range trim", which contradicts things being said by multiple Tesla locations at this particular point?

I will try to ask the question in a polite manner. In a previous post in this thread, you made a statement that did not appear to have any qualifications around it. That statement was:

The statement above confused me a bit, since I dont think the acceleration boost option for model Y has ever been available for any trim other than the Long Range AWD one, but I also dont work for Tesla so dont know this.

Is there any information you can provide around your statement above that "AB is available for all model Y long range trim", which contradicts things being said by multiple Tesla locations at this particular point?

Appreciate the question.

It was merely “information” I posted based on what I knew reading the internet and based on about 8 friends (in USA - if it matters) owning a Model Y LR who have AB showing up in their accounts, so I guess it was a sample based “statement” of reasonable assurance, if you will.

But as we explored this further with another poster above here, it does sound like it’s not a “oh it was right there I missed it” issue, but there’s probably something more to it. So, as it stands right now, I could very well be wrong and we would not like that because that means our fellow Tesla LR owners may be without AB upgrade until anything changes. The poster above is trying a couple of things out but let me tell you, it ain’t looking good :( !

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
I just pulled the option codes for my 2024 MYLR following these directions - unfortunately it doesn't list battery code like the older cars do. Was wondering if there was something to chase down here. :(

The only real internet references that exist for BT48 right now are this thread and the Reddit thread, and it appears both posts are from you.

I just pulled the option codes for my 2024 MYLR following these directions - unfortunately it doesn't list battery code like the older cars do. Was wondering if there was something to chase down here. :(

The only real internet references that exist to BT48 right now are this thread and the Reddit thread, and it appears both posts are from you.
You are correct, I did post on that Reddit thread seeking guidance. The BT48 thing was what Tesla told me over the phone.

Just logged in to the Tesla website and don't see an option to purchase the AB. :(

I am really sorry to hear that. As I was saying above, perhaps wait a few days and let’s revisit this thread?

Another thing you could do is escalate this to your regional Tesla / General Manager or someone higher up like that. It may be a bit tricky getting their contact information, but it may be worth it.

Unfortunately, upgrades is one of those things Tesla could take away at any time as it’s not a “promised” deal and doesn’t appear on your configuration. But at the very least, a formal reply could educate future buyers (read: keep them away from LR if they are hoping to buy AB after the fact)!

The only real internet references that exist for BT48 right now are this thread and the Reddit thread, and it appears both posts are from you.
That website was very helpful to see the options that I have. It does show I have AWD which is great.

This is what came up:

APF2Full Self-Driving Capability (FSD)
APBSBasic Autopilot features
DV4WDual Motor All-Wheel Drive
INPB0Black Premium Interior
PPSWPearl White
PRMY1MY Premium Interior
SC04Pay per use Supercharging
MDLYModel Y
WY20P20 Induction Wheels
MTY24Model Y Long Range AWD
MTY24 SpecMY Long Range AWD 0-60 mph 4.8 s
MTY24 SpecMY Long Range AWD Range (EPA) 310 mi
MTY24 SpecMY Long Range AWD Top speed 135 mph
STY7SMY 7 Seat Interior
CPF1Premium connectivity
TW01Towing package
OPT- No match -

Appreciate the question.

It was merely “information” I posted based on what I knew reading the internet and based on about 8 friends (in USA - if it matters) owning a Model Y LR who have AB showing up in their accounts, so I guess it was a sample based “statement” of reasonable assurance, if you will.

But as we explored this further with another poster above here, it does sound like it’s not a “oh it was right there I missed it” issue, but there’s probably something more to it. So, as it stands right now, I could very well be wrong and we would not like that because that means our fellow Tesla LR owners may be without AB upgrade until anything changes. The poster above is trying a couple of things out but let me tell you, it ain’t looking good :( !

Thanks for the response, and for providing the "click by click" directions to access where the upgrade is normally accessed. Also, thank you @MYLRGeek for sharing what you were told by Tesla service.

I definitely could see "battery type" being a thing, and also Tesla being very hush hush about it because they dont promise a specific battery in a car. People wouldnt really like to hear anything like 2 identical seeming car models where one can and one cant purchase this option, but that certainly could be a thing.

In any case, thank you both.

When I talked to Tesla over the phone, that's one of the things they mentioned...that the battery was probably not qualified but from past experience, it eventually will be, but no guarantees. I'm ok with waiting, just would like some indication that the option will be available.

When I talked to Tesla over the phone, that's one of the things they mentioned...that the battery was probably not qualified but from past experience, it eventually will be, but no guarantees. I'm ok with waiting, just would like some indication that the option will be available.

A silver lining here is that if one car has this mythical battery that isn’t qualified for AB, thousands more likely do as well. I don’t think it is in Tesla’s financial best interest to just write off the potential to make $2000 off each of those cars. Is it a lot of money for Tesla? No. But I don’t think (wishfully) that they will just ignore this.