Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost Not Available on 2024 Models?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry you are having this experience. I bought my 23 LR and a good part of the decision process between the LR and performance was I could make up much of the acceleration difference with AB. So I did that. AB is great, its the most effective $2000 "engine" mod I've ever bought for any car and its 100% warranty safe, unlike the superchargers and turbos I used to mode my ICE cars with. For my use, including deep snow and fireroads, the loss of ground clearance of the performance model, albeit small, was a problem. Also the non-square tires and wheels, the insurance difference between P and LR, higher ride harshness of the P etc.

Sorry you are having this experience. I bought my 23 LR and a good part of the decision process between the LR and performance was I could make up much of the acceleration difference with AB. So I did that. AB is great, its the most effective $2000 "engine" mod I've ever bought for any car and its 100% warranty safe, unlike the superchargers and turbos I used to mode my ICE cars with. For my use, including deep snow and fireroads, the loss of ground clearance of the performance model, albeit small, was a problem. Also the non-square tires and wheels, the insurance difference between P and LR, higher ride harshness of the P etc.

I understand on paper what AB claims to do.

But what is your general experience? How does it feel? I’ve read many opinions. Some say it makes the heavy foot needed to press the pedal easier by making it feel lighter. Some say it’s not just 0-60 but it is also incredibly useful from 40 to 70 passing maneuvers. Some say there’s noticeable power from 0 to 30 and then not much different.

What’s your take? Curious to hear your thoughts.

But what is your general experience? How does it feel? I’ve read many opinions. Some say it makes the heavy foot needed to press the pedal easier by making it feel lighter. Some say it’s not just 0-60 but it is also incredibly useful from 40 to 70 passing maneuvers. Some say there’s noticeable power from 0 to 30 and then not much different.

Anecdotally I found it very noticeable at under say 60mph, much less so at the top end (not surprising).

Anecdotally I found it very noticeable at under say 60mph, much less so at the top end (not surprising).

If I understand you correctly, you essentially noticed that it is doing exactly what it claims, shave off half a second when total time is taken into account when launched from 0 through 60 mph, but the “distribution” of this boost is felt more at the beginning and less and less as you approach 60 mph?

If I understand you correctly, you essentially noticed that it is doing exactly what it claims, shave off half a second when total time is taken into account when launched from 0 through 60 mph, but the “distribution” of this boost is felt more at the beginning and less and less as you approach 60 mph?
Yeah, I think that sums it up. It unlocks more power down low but doesn't seem to have much of an impact beyond that initial surge of acceleration.

Yeah, I think that sums it up. It unlocks more power down low but doesn't seem to have much of an impact beyond that initial surge of acceleration.

I think the claim is 0.6 seconds saved yes?

It would be so cool to somehow engineer this such that you either want a 0.1s saved for each of the 6 blocks of 10 mph until 60 (0-10, 10-20), essentially an even distribution…

OR you want a faster launch and taper off (which is what it does now)…

OR something more exponential (starts off just like without AB up until say, 20, and then boosts from 20-60 essentially covering the use case for passing)!!

They can even give this a cool menu name like Mach E, whisper engage and unbridled instead of what Tesla would usually call this. Chill Standard Sport haha.

Agreed, though the boost is very noticeable when first applied. I've found after a few years I rarely feel the need to "punch it" but it's nice to know it's available :cool: .

So I might have an alternative/option to get something similar to AB:

I've talked to these folks via email, provided them my VIN to see if their product is compatible with my car, and they mentioned that their Pro Boost option is compatible, not their Pro Performance. The Pro Boost option increases HP by 50 and reduces 0-60 time to 4.2. I know Tesla's AB upgrade increases HP by 100 (according to the videos I've seen on YT) and reduces 0-60 time to 4.2. I don't understand how teslogic's pro boost program can give you the same 0-60 time as Tesla's AB, with less HP. Here's a video on YT showing Teslogic's Pro Boost upgrade:

Thoughts?

So I might have an alternative/option to get something similar to AB:

I've talked to these folks via email, provided them my VIN to see if their product is compatible with my car, and they mentioned that their Pro Boost option is compatible, not their Pro Performance. The Pro Boost option increases HP by 50 and reduces 0-60 time to 4.2. I know Tesla's AB upgrade increases HP by 100 (according to the videos I've seen on YT) and reduces 0-60 time to 4.2. I don't understand how teslogic's pro boost program can give you the same 0-60 time as Tesla's AB, with less HP. Here's a video on YT showing Teslogic's Pro Boost upgrade:

Thoughts?
I'd be very cautious with anything aftermarket for the drivetrain. You're possibly only one software update away from having problems IMO, go OEM for peace of mind.

I was one of the folks that mentioned the issue with the battery. And not entirely sure the motor design (980 vs 990) has an impact on whether your car qualifies for AB, but the 980 motor gives you a better chance of upgrading to aftermarket performance power upgrades (e.g Ghost or Teslogic) from what I’ve researched.

Take a look at my posts #28 and #29 in the link below. The runs were all measured using a dragy, on the exact same road.

The acceleration decreased as speed increases. But at the top end, it still is slightly faster than stock. Your butt dyno probably might not notice the difference up top but it does exist.
If I were to do it all over again, during the inspection, I would have looked at the rear motor to see if it was a 980. If so, you'd have a better chance of the car being eligible for Acceleration Boost.

The 980 motor is needed only for using the ghost module from Ingenext and whatever equivalent teslogic has. That's because the old performance cars (not sure if the new ones have the same old motor too; I'll check my new MYP and see) came with the 980 motor. Some LRs also came with it and basically all it needed was a software to make the car think it was a P and not LR. The newer ones (including my MYLR) come with a 990 motor. It's not what the P uses. Thus, these cars cannot be "tricked". What the Ingenext/teslogic software does is trick the car into thinking it has AB. That is why 0-60 is same as an MYLR with AB. Of course it also has additional features that you won't get with AB. Reason I went with AB was because it is offered by Tesla and there won't be any warranty issues.

Regarding new cars not having AB. It doesn't depend on the motor. It's more likely it's a battery issue. I know a lot of people with the new 990 motor (me included) who have AB and no issues whatsoever.

Take a look at my posts #28 and #29 in the link below. The runs were all measured using a dragy, on the exact same road.

The acceleration decreased as speed increases. But at the top end, it still is slightly faster than stock. Your butt dyno probably might not notice the difference up top but it does exist.

The 980 motor is needed only for using the ghost module from Ingenext and whatever equivalent teslogic has. That's because the old performance cars (not sure if the new ones have the same old motor too; I'll check my new MYP and see) came with the 980 motor. Some LRs also came with it and basically all it needed was a software to make the car think it was a P and not LR. The newer ones (including my MYLR) come with a 990 motor. It's not what the P uses. Thus, these cars cannot be "tricked". What the Ingenext/teslogic software does is trick the car into thinking it has AB. That is why 0-60 is same as an MYLR with AB. Of course it also has additional features that you won't get with AB. Reason I went with AB was because it is offered by Tesla and there won't be any warranty issues.

Regarding new cars not having AB. It doesn't depend on the motor. It's more likely it's a battery issue. I know a lot of people with the new 990 motor (me included) who have AB and no issues whatsoever.
Interesting, thank you for that. So Teslogic has told me that my car qualifies for their pro boost upgrade but I asked how they determined my car qualified if Tesla wouldn’t allow me to upgrade to AB due to the battery issue. Teslogic hasn’t responded back to me regarding this question.

Glad to hear the 990 motors are qualified for AB. My only option at this point is to wait for Tesla to qualify my battery or go with Teslogic.

What still doesn’t make sense to me is how the HP figures are different between AB and Teslogic’s pro boost. AB has been dyno’d to increase hp by 100 yes Teslogic’s increases by 50hp, yet they have the same 0-60 times.

Reactions: VipinLJ
Interesting, thank you for that. So Teslogic has told me that my car qualifies for their pro boost upgrade but I asked how they determined my car qualified if Tesla wouldn’t allow me to upgrade to AB due to the battery issue. Teslogic hasn’t responded back to me regarding this question.

Glad to hear the 990 motors are qualified for AB. My only option at this point is to wait for Tesla to qualify my battery or go with Teslogic.

What still doesn’t make sense to me is how the HP figures are different between AB and Teslogic’s pro boost. AB has been dyno’d to increase hp by 100 yes Teslogic’s increases by 50hp, yet they have the same 0-60 times.

Is the pro boost one the equivalent of the ghost module? If so, I'd be curious too as to how they said that without knowing what motor your car has. I believe all cars are eligible for the regular (AB-equivalent) upgrade.

Regarding dyno. I know the video you're talking about (the white Tesla where he got a 361 HP before and 462 HP after). The teslogic video doesn't show any dyno runs. They used some app to calculate 42x HP before and 48x HP after. I believe the MYLR is rated at 385 HP stock. Not sure where they got 420 HP from. I'd believe a dyno over an app any day. Also, it depends on the dyno too. I don't remember which dyno is used in the video. There can be 50-100 HP difference depending on the brand of dyno, type of dyno and other variables.

Basically, their software (and Ingenext 's) just makes the car think it has AB even though it actually doesn't. So it will put down the same power and torque as a car with AB.

Is the pro boost one the equivalent of the ghost module? If so, I'd be curious too as to how they said that without knowing what motor your car has. I believe all cars are eligible for the regular (AB-equivalent) upgrade.

Regarding dyno. I know the video you're talking about (the white Tesla where he got a 361 HP before and 462 HP after). The teslogic video doesn't show any dyno runs. They used some app to calculate 42x HP before and 48x HP after. I believe the MYLR is rated at 385 HP stock. Not sure where they got 420 HP from. I'd believe a dyno over an app any day. Also, it depends on the dyno too. I don't remember which dyno is used in the video. There can be 50-100 HP difference depending on the brand of dyno, type of dyno and other variables.

Basically, their software (and Ingenext 's) just makes the car think it has AB even though it actually doesn't. So it will put down the same power and torque as a car with AB.
The Teslogic Pro Performance and Ghost upgrades, increase hp by 150. The Pro Boost only increases hp by 50. The Teslogic Pro Performance 0-60 is 3.7s. Very close numbers to the MYP. Haven’t seen any proof of that yet.

I’d be curious to see if anyone that has a stock MYLR with the Teslogic V2, if their max HP reading is 420hp.

The Teslogic Pro Performance and Ghost upgrades, increase hp by 150. The Pro Boost only increases hp by 50. The Teslogic Pro Performance 0-60 is 3.7s. Very close numbers to the MYP. Haven’t seen any proof of that yet.

I’d be curious to see if anyone that has a stock MYLR with the Teslogic V2, if their max HP reading is 420hp.
Ah gotcha. I believe all MYLRs can run the Pro Boost. Only cars with the 980 motor can run the Pro Performance.

I also wouldn't pay attention to the HP figures unless it's from a dyno.