Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If Tesla is in need of some fast cash, reduce the price for the acceleration boost upgrade to $1000, I’ll be in at that point and I’m sure many more would be too.

I can dream can’t I.......
Yes, you can dream....dream about alienating everyone who paid 2x the price just a month or so ago :) I know Tesla does some price adjustments that people complain about, but halving the price less than a quarter later isn't likely in the cards. Maybe I could see them (and they should) offer a free 2 week demo...then I'm sure people who care about the 1/2 second could make up their mind on whether its worth it or not. Its definitely a noticeable improvement. Do you use it every day? Certainly not, but the cost is justified given the % drop in 0-10 time compared with what you would need to do to an ICE car to drop from 4.4-3.9 (as has been noted many times before in this thread...)

Reactions: SlimJim
If Tesla is in need of some fast cash, reduce the price for the acceleration boost upgrade to $1000, I’ll be in at that point and I’m sure many more would be too.

I can dream can’t I.......

As a percentage of average quarterly revenue, Tesla has significantly more cash on hand than Ford and GM do, for example.

They're nowhere near needing cash right now, fast or otherwise.

We'll see about that

Their financials are public record, so no need to wait.

They also have issued a public statement reiterating those numbers-

Tesla said:
Our cash position at the end of Q4 2019 was $6.3B before our recent $2.3B capital raise. We believe this level of liquidity is sufficient to successfully navigate an extended period of uncertainty. At the end of Q4 2019, we had available credit lines worth approximately $3B including working capital lines for all regions as well as financing for the expansion of our Shanghai factory.

So that's 8.6 billion in cash they have on hand...and another 3 billion in available credit lines too.

SEC Filing | Tesla, Inc.

That's their 10k showing expenses, income, etc...

The vast bulk of $ going out is to pay for the cars they're not currently building anyway.

Other operating expenses are only about 1.6 billion per quarter.

I have a new LR AWD (with towing) in Ireland and I always intended to purchase the acceleration boost after purchase.
Just picked it up Friday and I have EAP showing in upgrades but not Acceleration Boost.
Car was delivered with 2019.36.2.1 and I upgraded it early Saturday morning to 2020.4.2 but still nothing showing.

Anyone have an idea what might be going on?

Yes, you can dream....dream about alienating everyone who paid 2x the price just a month or so ago :) I know Tesla does some price adjustments that people complain about, but halving the price less than a quarter later isn't likely in the cards. Maybe I could see them (and they should) offer a free 2 week demo...then I'm sure people who care about the 1/2 second could make up their mind on whether its worth it or not. Its definitely a noticeable improvement. Do you use it every day? Certainly not, but the cost is justified given the % drop in 0-10 time compared with what you would need to do to an ICE car to drop from 4.4-3.9 (as has been noted many times before in this thread...)

I don’t think they care about alienating people who paid more - just look at the price reductions for the M3P since initial rollout... stuff goes on sale all the time, that’s how business works. Our economy just tanked and Tesla, like everyone else, will need to adjust to a new reality.

Reactions: CK123
I don’t think they care about alienating people who paid more - just look at the price reductions for the M3P since initial rollout...

Yes, look.

It's more expensive now compared to if you have bought it in summer of 2018, after the refunds and tax credits.

People keep forgetting P buyers in 2018 got both a $5000 tesla refund for FUSC (that new buyers don't get either way) and a $7500 federal tax credit new buyers don't get either.

(new buyers also don't get all the other things they've cut out of the car since then- homelink, 14-50 adapter, dimming side mirrors, frunk mat, etc...)

2018 it was $64,000 for a P3D-. Minus the 12.5k you got back, that's $51,500 net.

Today the same P (minus the HW they removed) is $56,990. So $5490 more expensive today and you get less HW.

Even the P3D+ was only $56,500 net in 2018- $490 less than today- and with more HW included.

(you can move either price up or down a bit based on color choices given pricing on those and even which is free has been all over the place- but that's kinda missing the point).

I know many folks keep saying tesla slashed P prices from launch- but those people are incredibly bad at math (or are pretending any car maker isn't figuring the available tax credits into their pricing structure which is incredibly bad at basic econ)

Took delivery of my third Tesla (LR AWD) on March 14 with 2019.36.2.1 but still no update. Even the mechanic who came to my house to install Homelink in the car could not update it. So I am waiting to give Tesla $2000 for the power boost but they can't update the car.

Just give it a few more day and then when you do get it will be like getting another new car.

Where on the Tesla website can you order a $35,000 model 3?
Off menu.

Reactions: Super Gizmo