Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife and I purchased a 2021 M3 LR on December 31, 2020. Since a Performance was overkill for my wife, I opted to go that route plus Acceleration Boost for me :). I'm very happy with the investment. I'm actually hoping a Acceleration Boost Plus or something that can get us closer to Performance numbers. A free update would be wonderful but I foresee something like that being an additional cost. I'm very glad I went with the upgrade...no regrets here.

20210118_084453.jpg
My wife and I purchased a 2021 M3 LR on December 31, 2020. Since a Performance was overkill for my wife, I opted to go that route plus Acceleration Boost for me :). I'm very happy with the investment. I'm actually hoping a Acceleration Boost Plus or something that can get us closer to Performance numbers. A free update would be wonderful but I foresee something like that being an additional cost. I'm very glad I went with the upgrade...no regrets here.

Thanks for your thoughts, I think I've decided to go for it too on my 2021 awd. I don't think the car needs to be faster but I don't like it that my car is not at it's full potential (as it stands today) and that software is holding it back. I have been swithering for a few days now so I am going to try it out.

Has anyone else changed the emblem on the back after purchasing the acceleration boost? I wasn't sure about the chrome plus but I think a smaller blue plus might look good or get the red underline and paint the red part blue. Reason for blue is that I did my calipers this colour when I put my 20inch black sport wheels on. I didn’t want my car trying to look like the performance model when it's not. I'll photoshop a few ideas and post them. I have attached a pic of the calipers to show the blue I would be going for.

Reactions: Slate
View attachment 629365

Thanks for your thoughts, I think I've decided to go for it too on my 2021 awd. I don't think the car needs to be faster but I don't like it that my car is not at it's full potential (as it stands today) and that software is holding it back. I have been swithering for a few days now so I am going to try it out.

Has anyone else changed the emblem on the back after purchasing the acceleration boost? I wasn't sure about the chrome plus but I think a smaller blue plus might look good or get the red underline and paint the red part blue. Reason for blue is that I did my calipers this colour when I put my 20inch black sport wheels on. I didn’t want my car trying to look like the performance model when it's not. I'll photoshop a few ideas and post them. I have attached a pic of the calipers to show the blue I would be going for.
Did you powder coat those rims?

View attachment 629365

I have actually been looking for something appropriate for quite awhile. I bought the chrome "+" from abstract ocean, but didn't stick it on yet because it's quite a bit more bulbous than the badge that's there. I'll try to take a picture later. I'm still on the fence whether it will look super goofy. I was looking for a red "+" to go at the end, but couldn't seem to find anything appropriate.

I have actually been looking for something appropriate for quite awhile. I bought the chrome "+" from abstract ocean, but didn't stick it on yet because it's quite a bit more bulbous than the badge that's there. I'll try to take a picture later. I'm still on the fence whether it will look super goofy. I was looking for a red "+" to go at the end, but couldn't seem to find anything appropriate.

I take it that AWD+ is the recognised version with the boost applied? I'll see if I can find something.

Yeah, that's why I waited around for 6 months before sticking it on. I wasn't sure how it'd look. I didn't have the backbone to try it. I was really disappointed when it showed up.

I'm going to let it percolate for s few days before making a decision. /shrug

Reactions: bedoig