Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access Fuse Box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a need to replace one of the fuse for ODB-II port; however, I had had time to locate where the fuse box is and how to access it. I found couple of video/threads but it was for the older MX model. My MX built on Dec/17 and I think it the fuse is under of the main console, but can't find any video or instruction how to remove the side carpet to access it. Please help.

Thanks

When I we blew a fuse in our X - Tesla's phone support could not provide any assistance in locating the fuse box. They said we would need to take the vehicle into a Service Center - where they were able to get the fuse replaced quickly, replacing the fuse from underneath the steering wheel.

This is the first vehicle I've owned that doesn't document the fuse box locations and circuits.

When I we blew a fuse in our X - Tesla's phone support could not provide any assistance in locating the fuse box. They said we would need to take the vehicle into a Service Center - where they were able to get the fuse replaced quickly, replacing the fuse from underneath the steering wheel.

This is the first vehicle I've owned that doesn't document the fuse box locations and circuits.
I think it’s part protection of the electronics & part monopolisation of the service market

I think it’s part protection of the electronics & part monopolisation of the service market

More likely the first.

Musk claims Tesla service is not intended to be generating profit - and the Service Centers are swamped handling the tsunami of new Tesla owners.

The fuse box in the front trunk is relatively easy to reach. The one under the interior dashboard could be easier to reach - and probably something they should do.

Though, unlike an ICE, the electrical system is mission critical for EVs - so it may make sense for a service center to verify there isn't something else going on that could impact the electrical system, when they replace the fuse.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fiddler
There was a page online with all fuses and diagrams which since has been taken down but still available via Way Back Machine. Here is the link and keep in mind it might be outdated but it's better than nothing, I guess:

Update to the thread, i was able to fix my air suspension by replacing a burnt out 40A fuse, which was very easily found at a local store.

As others have mentioned, some parts are very common for Teslas, so don't hesitate to troubleshoot.

Thanks to the Forum and forum members.