Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pyro Fuse Fuss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very annoying. My S90D battery is 6 months out of its 8 year warranty (2015.11 build), and the morning after a software update I get the prompt for service...coincidence?

Part described is DISCONNECT - PYROTECHNIC - CUR POWERED - 2000A(1111313-00-F). $331.32 parts and labor.

I guess I'll have to get used to having this car out of warranty; I had a preowed Tesla 4 yr warranty, which just ended as well 4 months ago *sigh*.

Very annoying. My S90D battery is 6 months out of its 8 year warranty (2015.11 build), and the morning after a software update I get the prompt for service...coincidence?

Part described is DISCONNECT - PYROTECHNIC - CUR POWERED - 2000A(1111313-00-F). $331.32 parts and labor.

I guess I'll have to get used to having this car out of warranty; I had a preowed Tesla 4 yr warranty, which just ended as well 4 months ago *sigh*.
don't worry, 2015/16 is a very good build period, you should be ok

Great to hear. I have no need nor desire to get a later model. Replaced my prior 2015.10 S85D when it got totaled with the same model and build b/c I had the bike racks and other things dialed-in for that car. The preowned S90D came with the 4 year warranty and I've been very happy with it. I'll keep it as long as it'll last.

They still can have issues. June 2015 car with 114K on mine and recently got both motors replace. Front motor mount broke and had them inspect rear motor while they had it and they found moisture on speed sensor.

Not complaining too much since mine was an off lease car with warranty still and got a "U" rear drive unit.

Thanks to all for sharing the useful dialogue above. In my case, I have a 2016.12 (with the easy to access fuse). I received the warning message about a month ago, and used the app to schedule the service appointment (pre-populated with the issue). Sadly there was a 3 week delay for an available appointment in Fort Worth, but I continued to drive the car normally. Amazingly I received a voicemail from the service center the day before the appointment, and they confirmed that the repair can be done while waiting. I arrived a few minutes early for the appointment, they pulled the car into the bay a few minutes later, and it took maybe 20 minutes to be replaced. No charge. Couldn't have been smoother. I have no idea how their algorithm determines when to display the warning message, whether before or after warranty.