Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Access to all Tesla super chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NHK X

Nov 18, 2017
Texas
Woke up this am to this odd message.
Already have supercharging for life. Occurred 30 sec into drive. Unlikely related but parked in that same drive to drop off kid at daycare then came out to my drivers door not opening.

Anyone ever get a message like this?

Attachments

• 355DE252-D5AB-480B-AB66-A282DDE2BC73.jpeg
    355DE252-D5AB-480B-AB66-A282DDE2BC73.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 102
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and spectrum
There have been some report of people being told by their Tesla that they were charged while supercharging although they had free supercharging and nothing was billed on their credit card. I would suspect that Tesla did some reset of their systems to sort this out and that this might be causing those messages to display.

Reactions: VikH
Woke up this am to this odd message.
Already have supercharging for life. Occurred 30 sec into drive. Unlikely related but parked in that same drive to drop off kid at daycare then came out to my drivers door not opening.

Anyone ever get a message like this?

Got the same message when I turned the car on this morning. Also already had unlimited supercharging. Maybe it is just Tesla reminding us how lucky we are.

Haven't noticed any problems with the driver door.

It doesn't say "You can now charge at any Tesla Supercharger For Free"

It implies there's Superchargers we couldn't have charged at previously. What would be amusing is if this update released a bunch of hidden secret menu style superchargers.

Or sudden random thought. What if they're gearing up to restrict supercharging? Locations within 10 miles of home are off limits, except for when you have this enabled that allows you to charge anywhere.

@Yinn can't change the rules in the middle of the game. Tesla can make new rules as they see fit for new cars, can't do it for existing cars.

That's exactly right. So for existing cars, what if (just an IF) everyone currently gets this message. Unrestricted access to all superchargers.

For new cars, they rolled out restricted supercharging. Either in the form of limited access to certain stations, stalls, types (urban vs full speed vs new to be launched super duper max ultra plaid speed chargers)

Hence the message that you can now charge at any supercharger.

Yeah very interesting. I did get a random charge from Tesla about 2 months ago, it was posted on my card the day after I had charged at a SC. Funny thing was I didn’t idle and there were less than 50% of the stalls taken. Reached out via email but no reponse.

Anyone get quicker turn around at service with the door since it involves me climbing in through the passenger door to get in the car? Closest date online for service is mid October, would be nice if they could prioritize.