Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Accessories

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone purchased any of the following? If so what are your thoughts?

Centre console wrap (like the wood one to match the interior)
Door handle wraps
15” screen protector
Tesla wheel caps (alloys under aero hubs)
Charging phone pad

I have console wrap and a wireless charger.

A lot of people swear by the abstract ocean wraps but to me the cut ones look hard to install. all that lining up so I just went for plain vinyl and cut it as I went as the pros do see here:
it was pretty easy took about an hour and a half maybe. I bought a cheap vinyl fitting kit but only really used the knife. I found a credit card better than the squeegees due to being thinner.
I also used a hair dryer rather than a heat gun or a blowtorch. I have a heat gun but hair dryer was adequate and less likely to melt the car so stuck with that. came out pretty flawless. used 3m vinyl.
20191201_160611.jpg

My wireless charger is just a £20 one from ebay. Don't see the point of the $90+ ones people seem to get from the states. apart from the ability to put the phone landscape on some of them they will all work pretty much the same. I have had a lot of wireless chargers and the key thing is the quality of the power supply, which is the car in this case, so they will all work pretty much the same.

I don't have any of the rest.

I've had the screen protector on each of my Model S and believe it's money well spent. They can be applied in a few minutes but I would advise taking extra time and doing it carefully and correctly. I will stress that they are not an exact fit and there is 1-2mm gap at the side but with careful manipulation this is not noticeable. I got mine from Topfit on Amazon with the most expensive (and probably the sturdiest) around £26.50. My old bimmer got the satnav screen smashed and it was going to be £1750 to replace. I enquired about Tesla replacing the screen and it was well in excess of £3K! Wise investment in my opinion.

I got matt screen protector from abstract ocean - would buy again - I like the matt effect - ok to fit, everything needs to be spotlessly clean and didn't help that supplied white cloth dropped tiny specs - take your time - really a 2 person job when peeling the back off - one to hold, one to peel

Abstract Ocean centre console wrap, dead easy to get perfect result with the thicker ones. After first piece, I felt like a pro fitting the rest. Just understand how alignment makes a difference to fit - they are not parallel sided so as you move forward and back, they get 'narrower' and 'wider'

Last edited:
I was wanting the wood grain centre console wrap to match the dashboard panel. I noticed Abstract don’t do this version.

As I have ordered a white M3 I am considering removing the aero hubs and getting the alloys dipped to make them black. If I do this then I may consider wrapping the door handles & vent’s to black. Has anyone wrapped their door handles?

Meh, waiting has cost me a fortune, got the jeda hub and charging pad on the way, t5 ssd card,got a keyfob, checking out ocean will get the centre console wrap, will get the enhanced footwell lights, was going to get the door lights but they are gone in 2020 (gah!!!). Will also get mats for front and rear and maybe the boot. Thinking about puddle lights but they are a bit cheesy....
Edit: thinking about handle wraps for exterior door handles and a console organiser
Edit: oh and eyebrows maybe.....

Last edited:
On the one hand, we shouldn't 'need' all these accessories, but then if you're spending this much on a car what's a few more hundred-(ish) to get it exactly as you want it?!

Talking of getting carried away, this is my current wish list for my LR:

1. Matte black console wrap
2. Mud flaps
3. Centre console tray
4. Door open button stickers
5. USB hub + SSD
6. Screen protector
7. Stick on number plates
8. Interior light upgrade
9. Performance pedals
10. Strut upgrades (front/rear)
11. De-chrome kit
12. Roof wind reduction kit (if needed)
13. Door noise reduction kit (if needed)
14. Rim savers?
15. Performance Spoiler (RPM Tesla's matt one - nice to have, if funds permit):rolleyes:
16. Wheel centre cap and nut cover kit (red logo)(maybe)
17" TSportline Flow Forged matt black 18" wheels (maybe in the future when funds really permit):rolleyes:

1-11 are definites, the rest are maybe's, especially 15 and 17! :(

Has anyone purchased any of the following? If so what are your thoughts?

Centre console wrap (like the wood one to match the interior)
Door handle wraps
15” screen protector
Tesla wheel caps (alloys under aero hubs)
Charging phone pad
Abstract Ocean is THE place to go. If you DM me with your email I’ll send you a referral code which gets you a discount

Reactions: nightowl
For me, there were a handful of annoyances I wanted to address via accessories:
- Centre console wrap (original material is too glossy & collects dust, fingerprints and scratches)
- Interior and puddle lights (original ones are too dark)
- Door handle wraps (avoids repeatedly wiping off thumbprint smudges)

Then I added a few other things to my cart to make the most of the shipping:
- Steering wheel wrap (just to match the centre console wrap)
- Centre console tray (a little more useful than the abyss below it)
- Roof noise reduction kit (haven't installed it yet)

Also got the Tesla wheel cap kit just to change the default look.

I'm considering strut upgrades but happy with how things are for now.
Want to get the rubber mats to go in the cup holders etc. but A.O. were out of stock.

How useful are screen protectors in this case? For a non-portable screen I don't see the benefit. They tend to be a total pain to get lined up and avoid dust going under them, even on phone screens, so I didn't think it was worth it.

On the one hand, we shouldn't 'need' all these accessories, but then if you're spending this much on a car what's a few more hundred-(ish) to get it exactly as you want it?!

Talking of getting carried away, this is my current wish list for my LR:

1. Matte black console wrap I’m going for this one as I’m bloody certain I’ll screw up a vinyl wrap Model 3 Carbon Centre Console Wrap Kit Film ABS Plastic Armrest Control Panel for Model 3 Center Console Protector Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0816H432T/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_-u2jEbM03TQQV
2. Mud flaps Definitely worth getting colour matched ones worth searching for imho these are the ones I haveWomdee Car Mud Flaps, Mud Flaps Splash Guards for Tesla Model 3, 4Pcs Mud Flaps Splash Guard Fender for Tesla Model 3 with Fixing Screw,Front and Rear Wheel Fenders,Protect Your Car https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082G8JY11/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_Hq2jEbVNBERXQ
3. Centre console tray still looking for the best option for me
4. Door open button stickers not sure what value these have to be honest most people who have sat in mine figured out what opened the doors no problem
5. USB hub + SSD SSD well worth it SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD 500 GB Up to 550 MB/s Read https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078SWJ3CF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_xr2jEbSSJT8QY I found it for £69 in a sale
6. Screen protector
7. Stick on number plates I modded the mounts and stuck the existing plates onto the actual bits that are screwed onto the car.
8. Interior light upgrade definitely required for the boot. I also purchased some red footwell lights from eBay that really improved the ambient lighting Pair LED Door Light Trunk Boot Foot Glove Box Lamp For Tesla Model 3 S X ^ / | eBay
9. Performance pedals still thinking about these
10. Strut upgrades (front/rear) struts for boot definitely since I saw my nephews A5 Audi
11. De-chrome kit I like the chrome on the Red I have
12. Roof wind reduction kit (if needed) not sure I need this
13. Door noise reduction kit (if needed) seriously considering this
14. Rim savers?
15. Performance Spoiler (RPM Tesla's matt one - nice to have, if funds permit):rolleyes:
16. Wheel centre cap and nut cover kit (red logo)(maybe) I’m sticking with the Aero covers unless I ever change the wheels completely
17" TSportline Flow Forged matt black 18" wheels (maybe in the future when funds really permit):rolleyes:

1-11 are definites, the rest are maybe's, especially 15 and 17! :(
I just received this in the post today fitting this weekend Car Trunk Sound Niose Proof Deadener Insulation Cotton Cover For Tesla Model 3 | eBay

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
I wonder how much difference that makes versus the door kits
I’ll let you know at the weekend from posts on the America forums evidence seems to be that the boot is a large source of noise especially road noise so hopefully it will be of some benefit as that’s the most intrusive sound I experience depends on road surface of course

Reactions: MrBadger