Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20", no FSD. Santa Barbara, CA delivery. Ordered 2/29/20

Doh! Just got a call from the service center and they said the delivery text went out prematurely and it will be another week. So middle/end of next week maybe.
I have the exact same build here in Ventura, CA. Ordered 1/31/20. First communication, I received was a call/text today confirming details. I replied to the text, so hopefully I hear something by tomorrow.

My Account page just changed to fill out Pick location, Trade in & financial information.

Ordered 18 November, Just changed color from Midnight Silver to Blue last week...AWD LR with AP .... no performance, no FSD.

So tomorrow to the bank for a partial loan and need to take 4 pictures of the trade in.

Fred

I will be super pissed if this is a glitch. I got excited and finished this all the way thru credit application. They also pulled my credit immediately. I called the Tesla number but the person at the other end wasn’t very helpful. He said delivery manager will get back if the vehicle is ready next week but don’t hold my breath.

Here was my timeline:
Order 3/28 AWDP-20"-FSD R (Cash/No Trade)
Changed to Prepare for Delivery 4/8 in account but email came 3/10 (I check my account all the time)
Never put in Insurance or Payment Info
3/17 Phone call from delivery center confirming ready
3/19 Email Tesla on the way
3/19 Text Offering Delivery Time/Day (offered 3/30 & 3/31 and I took 3/31 after 3/30 were full)
3/19 Account changed to Please pay prior to delivery and contract/VIN (188x) appeared
I'll be calling the delivery center today to ask about assistance free delivery after proving insurance info and payment.

Reactions: blissdancer
I completed all steps couple days ago. Still at drafting your contract step. Had a chat with a rep yesterday. Was told to expect delivery by the end of the month. LR AWD white/white 19”. Ordered 01/29/20. Will add FSD post delivery due to NJ credit. Trading in my 2018 MX 75D.

My Tesla account shows home address for delivery on the phone. However, when I visit Tesla account from a laptop, it reads we will reach out to you...and doesn’t show home address for delivery. Strange!

No VIN or MVPA yet. No text or email either.

Oops! I ordered 2/28 and the Prepare for Delivery email came 3/8. Losing my mind. Sorry.

Can't find an edit function

Here was my timeline:
Order 3/28 AWDP-20"-FSD R (Cash/No Trade)
Changed to Prepare for Delivery 4/8 in account but email came 3/10 (I check my account all the time)
Never put in Insurance or Payment Info
3/17 Phone call from delivery center confirming ready
3/19 Email Tesla on the way
3/19 Text Offering Delivery Time/Day (offered 3/30 & 3/31 and I took 3/31 after 3/30 were full)
3/19 Account changed to Please pay prior to delivery and contract/VIN (188x) appeared
I'll be calling the delivery center today to ask about assistance free delivery after proving insurance info and payment.

My order is also updated asking me for information. LR RWD White Ext / white interior.
If I give registration information, Will I be able to change options after ? I may want to go for back interior.

upload_2020-3-20_8-37-26.png

Mine is LR RWD , NO FSD, asking me to fill more details now in Tesla Account.

LR RWD here I got the Prepare for Delivery two weeks ago.Today I checked my account and I am being asked for
all the registration info too and payment info. I have not received any email or text regarding delivery. I have spoken
to several Tesla people in the last week and they said I would be contacted about the RWD situation soon.

I started to fill out the payment details but did not submit as I have be warned not to do this until I have a delivery notice. I originally ordered the upgraded sports wheels and now the Geminis are standard. In the detailed listing I am upgraded to Performance wheels that I do not want. I have notified Tesla several times that I do not want the this wheel upgrade. This has been documented by three different Tesla employees also.

Here are the cost details, they are correct except for the removal of the performance wheels which I do not want.

Any other LR RWD folks getting these details??

Car Price $59,700.00

Full Self-Driving Capability $7,000.00

Autopilot Included

Rear-Wheel DriveIncluded

All Black Premium InteriorIncluded

Red Multi-Coat$2,000.00

Premium InteriorIncluded

Model Y$41,000.00

20’’ Performance Wheels $1,500.00

Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive $7,000.00

Five Seat Interior Included

Destination Fee $1,125.00

Documentation Fee $75.00

Taxes & Fees $6,209.25

Sales Tax $5,522.25

Tire Fee $7.00

License Fee $389.00

Electronic Filing Fee $30.00

Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees $261.00

Order Deposit -$2,500.00

Est. Amount Due $63,409.25

Thanks! FWIW The person from Las Vegas I talked to said they are trying to delivery as many as they can before the end of March. All deliveries will also be "contactless" and I will open the vehicle with the APP and the paperwork will be inside.

So if they are only doing contactless deliveries does that mean only those who are not trading in a vehicle will be getting deliveries right now? Or maybe they drive your trade in back on the same truck that brought the MY? Anyone know?

White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20", no FSD. Santa Barbara, CA delivery. Ordered 2/29/20

Update from me: I got a call from Vegas today confirming my information. Was kinda funny cause she wanted to confirm I was paying cash and I said "Ya you already took my money from my account". I told her I'd love to get delivery ASAP (duh).

Couple hours later the local service center called me and said "good news - we can deliver this Sunday if you want". I said yes of course. He told me it was already on the lot, but they need to detail it - then said "hold on I'm getting waved at" and came back and said I can pick it up today at 4pm. So that's the plan!

He did mention the new contactless delivery and that I should be getting an email about it. He also said it's likely they'll deliver my car "in the back, cause MY deliveries cause others to swarm around it".

Will update here in a few hours....

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset and phoha21
It appears that this might be a website glitch
Dunno about that. Apparently they will try to push as many units out before EOQ and or shutdown and a lot of people are postponing delivery so those of us who are ready to pull the trigger may be getting pushed ahead in line to get our lovely new Y’s!

This comes direct from the mothership.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110

Update from me: I got a call from Vegas today confirming my information. Was kinda funny cause she wanted to confirm I was paying cash and I said "Ya you already took my money from my account". I told her I'd love to get delivery ASAP (duh).

Couple hours later the local service center called me and said "good news - we can deliver this Sunday if you want". I said yes of course. He told me it was already on the lot, but they need to detail it - then said "hold on I'm getting waved at" and came back and said I can pick it up today at 4pm. So that's the plan!

He did mention the new contactless delivery and that I should be getting an email about it. He also said it's likely they'll deliver my car "in the back, cause MY deliveries cause others to swarm around it".

Will update here in a few hours....

So interesting how Tesla is determining who gets what. I ordered in Sept, but changed my spec from RWD to AWD on 2/3, so it's the same exact spec as yours now. I'm in LA and rec'd the email to prepare for delivery early March and completed everything online, haven't heard anything since. Oh well, the MY will be our 3rd car and my DD, so I don't really need it now. Spending more money on a 2nd new car in a couple months while we are all locked down here in CA perhaps isn't the most prudent thing I could do... but damn, still excited to get the MY. :)

Congrats to you, please share some pics and your impressions!