Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was very surprised too. I ordered about a month after you and wasn't expecting to be contacted (optimistically) until Q3 or Q4 this year.

The delivery adviser reached out via text message -- at first I thought it might be someone phishing so I asked for a phone number to call and the last several digits of my reservation number. Good thing I didn't delete it (as I normally do if it's a number I don't recognize). :)
that almost just happened to me. generally i don't answer any call where i don't recognize the number. but i had called the local delivery center (i told them i figured since they had all my money i was entitled to one phone call :D). they said to speak with my delivery advisor. i said 'great to know i have one,'. it was all very pleasant. within 10 minutes i got a call from las vegas, and cody was able to tell me that my vehicle is in transit.

Wow, just checked, it's asking for my information (new as I checked yesterday and was still just at prepare for delivery). Ordered MY -- P w/ Performance Upgrades, Blue Exterior and White Interior, no FSD, on 1/29/2020, delivery in Maryland. Just put in all my trade-in info, registration, etc. I had a previous trade-in quote but my odometer today is over 1000 miles over where it was when I did that back in February, so they have to redo the trade quote which it says should take 24 hours. I realize this is just the next step and still and undetermined amount of time to go, but still quite exciting that we are potentially moving forward. Psyched, and great to get exciting news for the future with the current world being so out of sorts (and me being stuck in my house). We will get through the craziness together, and drive Teslas when its over!

Wow, just checked, it's asking for my information (new as I checked yesterday and was still just at prepare for delivery). Ordered MY -- P w/ Performance Upgrades, Blue Exterior and White Interior, no FSD, on 1/29/2020, delivery in Maryland. Just put in all my trade-in info, registration, etc. I had a previous trade-in quote but my odometer today is over 1000 miles over where it was when I did that back in February, so they have to redo the trade quote which it says should take 24 hours. I realize this is just the next step and still and undetermined amount of time to go, but still quite exciting that we are potentially moving forward. Psyched, and great to get exciting news for the future with the current world being so out of sorts (and me being stuck in my house). We will get through the craziness together, and drive Teslas when its over!
what delivery center are you pickup you MY? we are taking delivery at rockville.

White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20", no FSD. Santa Barbara, CA delivery. Ordered 2/29/20

Moving my updates to this thread...

I refreshed the page yesterday and it allowed me to enter payment information. Paying cash so put in my bank account info, and then just now (~24 hours later) my bank notified me that the transfer was initiated. I have an MVPA with a VIN, but still am not able to get a Tesla insurance quote on the site (says I need a VIN).

White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20", no FSD. Santa Barbara, CA delivery. Ordered 2/29/20

Moving my updates to this thread...

I refreshed the page yesterday and it allowed me to enter payment information. Paying cash so put in my bank account info, and then just now (~24 hours later) my bank notified me that the transfer was initiated. I have an MVPA with a VIN, but still am not able to get a Tesla insurance quote on the site (says I need a VIN).
congrats to you!!! it wont be long until you have your MY at home

Account just changed....PLEASE PAY OFF YOUR REMAINING BALANCE PRIOR TO DELIVERY! VIN assigned, no MVPA but I have a Lending Agreement that looks like the MVPA, and delivery date of Mar 28 @ 12 AM (LOL....I’ll be waiting at 11:59 PM) - MD

My deliver center is Rockville too..... whenever that is
what delivery center are you pickup you MY? we are taking delivery at rockville.
I had a choice between Rockville and Owings Mills -- Owings Mills is a bit closer (and less traffic, at least usually though these days maybe there is no traffic to Rockville which is simply crazy) for me so I'm going with that.

Account just changed....PLEASE PAY OFF YOUR REMAINING BALANCE PRIOR TO DELIVERY! VIN assigned, no MVPA but I have a Lending Agreement that looks like the MVPA, and delivery date of Mar 28 @ 12 AM (LOL....I’ll be waiting at 11:59 PM) - MD

Is your delivery date listed on your loan doc? How did you find out your delivery date? I have had MVPA and VIN for 2 weeks with no word on delivery date via text/email/myaccount.

LR RWD here, as well. Here are my payment details. I'm not sure when FSD went up $1k, but I placed the order on the night of the unveiling.

Car Price $56,200.00
Full Self-Driving Capability $6,000.00
Autopilot Included
Rear-Wheel Drive Included
Black and White Premium Interior $1,000.00
Pearl White Multi-Coat Included
Premium Interior Included
Model Y $41,000.00
19’’ Gemini Wheels Included
Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive $7,000.00
Five Seat Interior Included
Destination Fee $1,125.00
Documentation Fee $75.00
Taxes & Fees $5,581.50
Sales Tax $4,917.50
Tire Fee $7.00
License Fee $366.00
Electronic Filing Fee $30.00
Registration/Transfer/Titling Fees $261.00
Order Deposit -$2,500.00
Amount Due
$59,281.50

I am surprised that you did not get hit with the FSD increase as many others have. Did you receive a delivery date notice? I have not so I don't think this is real. I placed my order on 1/23/2020. But I have been calling them a lot so maybe they bumped me up. I am not ready to get this car until this crisis is calmed down.It won't be over for months.

Are folks really paying for the vehicle before they even see it? What if it is damaged? What if you sit in it and don't like it? I didn't mind risking losing the $100 order fee, but $67k site unseen???

Are folks really paying for the vehicle before they even see it? What if it is damaged? What if you sit in it and don't like it? I didn't mind risking losing the $100 order fee, but $67k site unseen???
Can't speak for anyone else, but I did. For some reason I have in my mind that there is a 7-day grace period. But even if I'm wrong, I have trust in Tesla as a company to not totally screw me over. As one of the first MY owners, my voice will carry additional volume, so if there are things wrong and they don't resolve them, the market will hear about it.