Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
South Carolin Model Y Order - Delivery Scheduled March 29 with Pickup in Charlotte,NC

Order Date - 01/31/20 ($2500 deposit)

Long Range AWD - Deep Blue Metallic - 20'' Induction - Black Interior (5 seat) - Autopilot

"Get Ready for your Tesla" Email - 03/11

Financing Approved thru Tesla @ 2.84% (18K down) - 03/12

Today (03/19) - Call from Las Vegas # confirming everything, Gave me VIN # (thru text msg), and saying delivery folks will be in touch.

Reactions: Siryozha
MY account page changed sometime between 4pm and 8pm last night to now asking for details on my White LR AWD 19" wheels non-FSD.

With what's happening right now, I am considering holding off the order in hopes of Tesla sweetening the deal to sell more cars at this juncture. Lets face it... if the economy tanks, high unemployment, etc... even Tesla will feel the pinch.

Reactions: btd08
MY account page changed sometime between 4pm and 8pm last night to now asking for details on my White LR AWD 19" wheels non-FSD.

With what's happening right now, I am considering holding off the order in hopes of Tesla sweetening the deal to sell more cars at this juncture. Lets face it... if the economy tanks, high unemployment, etc... even Tesla will feel the pinch.
Don’t count on it. I’d take complimentary FSD though if it goes there.

• Disagree
Reactions: anon125110
So... just got a text from Tesla with an update. My MY delivery is now scheduled at my home instead of the service center i selected when I started the process. Even though, home deliveries were not avail in my area....guess Tesla is changing their delivery methods on the fly... And apparently I don’t even need to be present to take delivery, they said I’ll have access via my Tesla App...

I updated all the info today, except for insurance. (I'm in Virginia, and a VIN is not required to start insurance coverage).
I applied for Tesla financing, and within an hour or so got approved for 2.75%...pretty sweet. Do i need to update and provide them my insurance coverage in order to go the next steps ? (website says they're writing up the contract...). or can I do that once they're done with whatever they have to do and I can just show proof of coverage at time of pickup (whenever that is) or once they assign a delivery date.

Ordered on 2/1/2020. LR AWD, Silver Metallic, White interior, 5-seats, FSD, 19" wheels

They gave me a choice of two delivery centers, neither of which was very convenient for me. I know there are service centers closer to me. I don't think all service centers are also delivery centers. Was anyone else assigned a delivery center farther away than the nearest service center?
When you first submit all your info, you can pick a delivery center (which is usually a Tesla Service Center in your area)
I think there is a list of service centers and super chargers on Tesla’s website
When you first submit all your info, you can pick a deliver center (which is usually a Tesla Service Center in your area)
I think there is a list of service centers and super chargers on Tesla’s website

They gave me a choice of two delivery centers, neither of which was very convenient for me. I know there are service centers closer to me. I don't think all service centers are also delivery centers. Was anyone else assigned a delivery center farther away than the nearest service center?
Yes, only choices were Carlsbad and Costa Mesa. Miramar service center is 10 minutes away from me (and Kearny Mesa around 20 minutes).

Factory closing on Mar 23 at EOD. If a car is not built or on the line it will not be done until they reopen. Hoping my car is somewhere on the line but that is unlikely given that no white interior cars have been delivered yet.

My guess is that will add 3-6 weeks to all deliveries after the current batch.

White, LR AWD, BLK interior, 20", no FSD. Santa Barbara, CA delivery. Ordered 2/29/20

Doh! Just got a call from the service center and they said the delivery text went out prematurely and it will be another week. So middle/end of next week maybe.