Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Added a little carbon fiber.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That makes the price absurdly low -- that's a ton of work.

When you don't have to make a mold by just laying the carbon fiber over the plastic part heavily deceases the costs. A lot of the cost in full carbon parts is in the RnD and the tooling. This option is great for someone that lives near a shop that is skilled in working with carbon fiber.

I believe dennis is the member who first had real carbon fiber applied to his rear diffuser. I have seen it in person at it looks equally great.

Yes, that is correct. Here is a link to my post. Unfortunately it is much more expensive to have this work done in Silicon Valley than in Milwaukee.

- - - Updated - - -

There was a plan for P85's to get that by default from the factory but it was stated that they had some problems with durability, would like to see how durable yours remains.

My CF rear valence was done 7 months ago and it still looks brand new. In the meantime the clearcoat on my Tesla-supplied CF spoiler got really cloudy. Tesla replaced it under warranty, and indicated this was a problem with the very early parts (my spoiler was delivered with the car in Oct. 2012).

For what its worth, I've done loads of the carbon fiber overlay work and I can do this for you all on any panel. Front lip, diffuser, interior panels, anything you want. You can mail the parts to me or drop them off (I'm neighbors with Tesla's design center in Hawthorne). I've done this on cars that are daily driven, cars that are 8 second 1/4 mile cars and everything in between. It is durable, has an automotive grade clearcoat finish on top, is real carbon fiber and fits like OEM because it is the OEM part underneath.
Depending on the size and complexity of the part costs vary. It is very labor intensive and typically I need about 4 weeks to complete a project. Feel free to message me with any custom projects.
I've attached a fiberglass front spoiler that we applied real carbon fiber to and then color matched paint and styled over the carbon fiber.
DSC06180.JPG

Spoke with Andy at Project Two Customs in Waukesha WI today as the guys from MACarbon ($1200 carbon fiber diffuser for the rear) never returned my email. Turns out they are going to begin a production run for a carbon fiber shell for the rear diffuser and front lip. Essentially they use these pieces to make a mold and then can mass produce the carbon fiber overlays in your choice of Matte or Glossy. The pieces will be shipped to you and installation is simply double sided tape similar to the current spoiler. No extra labor and fully reversible. Cost will be around $1000 for bothe rear diffuser and front lip. I am in! He said they should be ready for delivery round Nov. Seems like a no-brainer in terms of value, ease of installation, and fully reversible. Biggest challenge is shipping the pieces with some type of support so the shell doesn't crack or warp. Just an FYI. Cheers!

Spoke with Andy at Project Two Customs in Waukesha WI today as the guys from MACarbon ($1200 carbon fiber diffuser for the rear) never returned my email. Turns out they are going to begin a production run for a carbon fiber shell for the rear diffuser and front lip. Essentially they use these pieces to make a mold and then can mass produce the carbon fiber overlays in your choice of Matte or Glossy. The pieces will be shipped to you and installation is simply double sided tape similar to the current spoiler. No extra labor and fully reversible. Cost will be around $1000 for bothe rear diffuser and front lip. I am in! He said they should be ready for delivery round Nov. Seems like a no-brainer in terms of value, ease of installation, and fully reversible. Biggest challenge is shipping the pieces with some type of support so the shell doesn't crack or warp. Just an FYI. Cheers!

I'm interested but I'll wait until I see pics once they start delivering.

I would be in as well for both pieces at that price point.

Exchanged emails today with Andy at Project Two Customs. They'll be casting the diffusers over the next few days and they'll ship in about two weeks. Evidently he can take a few more orders before this casting run is complete for the initial price of $1,200. So if anyone is interested, I'd contact Andy ASAP. His email is [email protected]

When I get mine I'll take photos before and after installation.