Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Adjusting door glass?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked under those as well, but do not see any adjustment points. Strange thing is, the rear doors have grommets you can pop off without even removing the door panel (they're just in the door jamb) where you can see the familiar glass track adjustment points. Very strange they seem to be elusive on the front doors.

Well darn, I was hoping this would be an easy fix for my new '23 Model Y LR (July 3 delivery, Arizona, if that helps), it seems the adjustment bolts have changed recently. I have the same alignment issue on my drivers' side window, where it is 'tipped out' a little too far, I'd estimate 1/8" inward adjustment is needed for it to be flush with the adjacent A pillar. I opened up the door panel after watching the posted YT videos here (super helpful!) but found Tesla has apparently changed the layout. My Model Y doesnt have the 10mm bolt with inner 3mm hex screw. As far as I can tell, the position I expected to find those two screws is just a screw mounted from the "inside" of the panel, with no way to adjust it from the outside. Below are a couple pictures to try to share my findings:

View attachment 956706
Above arrows are the two different screws I find, not adjustable from the outside.

View attachment 956704
And one more with a good close-up of the screws:
View attachment 956705

I did feel around and use a dental mirror to see if it looks like it could be adjusted by reaching through the panel with the speaker removed, but it doesnt seem to be an adjustment; loosening it would just make it a loose screw, there's no backing nut to tighten it against.

Any ideas? I hope this does no lead down the path of having to pull that entire access panel off the door frame, as it is sealed in with factory sealant, I feel like it's unlikely Tesla would have redesigned such an easily accessible adjustment point to make it virtually inaccessible!
I don’t think those are the adjustment screws cause the plastic part around the screw is 1-piece.

IMG_6364.jpeg

Hard to see in the pic, but see if you can find the window regulator and where it attaches to the door.

IMG_6363.jpeg