Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advanced Summon and Sentry Mode for me?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t know if anyone else finds this confusing. I paid for my model S 90 AP2 in March of 2017. I paid for full FSD at the time (I know, I would have preferred the interest on that money). Am I gonna get advanced summon and sentry mode? It seems like the sentry mode page at tesla says after august of 2017 are eligible and trying to decipher Elon’s tweets is pretty frustrating.

...confusing...

You are on Tesla's time: Yes you WILL get them but the question is when.

Part of the uncertainty is whether AP2.0 is capable of doing follow-your-master Summon and Sentry Mode because it can't even do Dash Cam.

If hardware is the hold up then you'll have to wait for a hardware update hopefully by the end of this year.

You are on Tesla's time: Yes you WILL get them but the question is when.

Part of the uncertainty is whether AP2.0 is capable of doing follow-your-master Summon and Sentry Mode because it can't even do Dash Cam.

If hardware is the hold up then you'll have to wait for a hardware update hopefully by the end of this year.
What is the difference between 2.0 and 2.5? Is it computing power and cameras or just cameras or both?

The 8 cameras are the same.

The difference as reported by Electrek:

"This hardware set has some added computing and wiring redundancy, which very slightly improves reliability, but it does not have an additional Pascal GPU.”

The article is outdated.

We now know that the cameras are different as is the forward facing radar, as is the wiring.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: SpudLime and Tam
B
They aren’t. AP 2.5 cameras are full color. 2.0 are not (they have a physical color filter installed over the camera sensors).

By physical color filter do you mean there is a filter that takes away the color on the ap2 cameras ? Since watching Truckla on YouTube, these vehicles pillars and panels come apart pretty easily , if such is the case a simple removal doesn't seem impossible,

as well if your already gaining access then should be just as easy to change the cameras . All else is B.s excuses by NoLa. These types of cameras are but made low cost cameras. Yes you paid $$$,$$$ or $$,$$$ let's face it mostly your paying for batteries and the body design and software. Maybe the radar costs a few bucks, but every vehicle over 50k has one. So they too are bulk items.

Wiring harness you say? Also a lame excuse there's a guideway for the wire. Watch Rich Rebuilds or Truckla and you can see for yourself.

The real question is:

do the mfg want to be Apple and Samsung selling throw away, non upgradeable non user repairable " go buy a new one" products (also a failing strategy of Henry Ford).

Or do they want to succeed as wildly as GMC did with ice vehicles vs Henry Fjord ;)

If they want to succeed and keep thier service Centers making money . They'll offer these upgrades. It's not hard, u5s just a matter of strategy.

These are essentially human scale RC vehicles . Battery , computer/ microcontroller, motors, body, wheels/tires.

It's all up to Telsla to be yesla or nola. So far I'm seeing a lot of NoLa and excuses . Treat people right, you've customers for life.

Again difference :

Cameras
Front radar
Wiring
(likely USB w/jack or plug or some other pc interface)

All these are easily upgradable cheap mass market items