Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advise Needed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my MY delivered on Sunday, 9/27. Initial inspection looked ok when the vehicle was dropped off by transport. After going through the vehicle carefully I've noticed few issues but two noticeable pictures below. Pic 1 has paint imperfection on the rear passenger door which the door probably needs to be painted and Pic 2 shows divot in the front passenger door which the door skin needs to be replaced? Since I have 7 days to return the car, would you guys return and order a new one?

I've let Tesla know about issues above and other items through scheduling service on Monday, 9/28 and sent an email to delivery coordinator Cesar Boza. He asked me to email order support in Littleton, CO where the vehicle came from and I have not received feedback for 2 days. Thanks for your input.

Attachments

• Pic 1.jpg
    Pic 1.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Pic 3.jpg
    Pic 3.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
I had my MY delivered on Sunday, 9/27. Initial inspection looked ok when the vehicle was dropped off by transport. After going through the vehicle carefully I've noticed few issues but two noticeable pictures below. Pic 1 has paint imperfection on the rear passenger door which the door probably needs to be painted and Pic 2 shows divot in the front passenger door which the door skin needs to be replaced? Since I have 7 days to return the car, would you guys return and order a new one? Thanks for your input.
It's your call, but I don't see any issue in picture 1 and 2 seems minimal. The car is probably going to have worse damage after being in public park lots for a few months.
Be aware, if you return, you cannot get the same vehicle/trim level for one year.
Return Policy
Once you have returned your vehicle, the return process is final and may not be cancelled. At this time, we are not able to facilitate vehicle exchanges. If you decide to order another vehicle, you may not order the same trim for a period of 12 months but may order another vehicle in a different trim at any time. However, if you are found to have abused this policy or have acted in bad faith, you will be prohibited from purchasing any vehicle for a period of 12 months.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Roger that. It's totally your call on what you will be happy with.
Personally, I'm ecstatic that the Cybertruck doesn't have paint.

Do people really think stainless steel won't scratch and ding? At least with paint it can be buffed, polished or repainted. I would bet $$ that the cyber truck, unless a garage queen will mark up and look alot worse than even the worst painted Tesla after a short time.

And fixing it will also be harder and alot more expensive.

As for the OP pics, the first should polish out and the ding in the door in pic 2 would bother me to no end. Have them fix it. If that's all the car has you got a decent one and IMO not enough to return.

It's your call, but I don't see any issue in picture 1 and 2 seems minimal. The car is probably going to have worse damage after being in public park lots for a few months.
Be aware, if you return, you cannot get the same vehicle/trim level for one year.
Return Policy

100% agree. I don't see anything wrong in pic 1. Personally, I wouldn't care about pic 2...it's so minor. If these are the only issues, I'd say enjoy the it! :)

It's sometimes hard to capture paint defects with a camera. That being said, I can't see anything in pic 1. I'm sure it's there and you can see it. I'd suggest you make an appointment via the app and submit the photos. I had a paint blemish under the clearcoat and it was noted on the due bill. They fixed it, but also made things worse due to the overspray various spots around the car. I'm having a detailer do a paint correction since I don't trust a body shop to do things correctly.

It's a risk you take when you have items fixed (other issues can pop up).

I'll frame my comments with the following: Everyone has a different threshold for imperfections. In my opinion the items you call out should be addressed; however, I don't believe they rise to the level of returning the car. This seems like small potatoes compared to what others have discovered during their delivery inspection.

Also, it doesn't seem necessary to post someone's first and last name on the forum in this context.

Reactions: gavine
Do people really think stainless steel won't scratch and ding? At least with paint it can be buffed, polished or repainted. I would bet $$ that the cyber truck, unless a garage queen will mark up and look alot worse than even the worst painted Tesla after a short time.

And fixing it will also be harder and alot more expensive.
I don't care about dents, dings, or scratches. As long as it doesn't rust, I'm happy. Pre reveal I was thinking "how am I ever going to handle getting a load of gravel in a shiny new truck?"
(And yeah, a truck will likely get more abuse than a sedan)

Also why I liked my Saturn.

• Love
Reactions: gavine