Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After 8 weeks...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve gotten automated texts but nothing else. And each text seems to add time, 2 weeks apart but only 1 week progression. Others have gotten these same texts and then VINs shortly after. I don’t consider these real communication since they seem random and nonsensical..

I am in the same boat! Ordered on 7/28 for a W/B/geminis no tow, no FSD (NJ), still no response. Just had a chat online and they say the tentative delivery date is 21'st but now VIN assigned. Sounds weird, I am not sure if I will receive it before EOQ.

Tesla's communications skills are poor at best. That was my # 1 recommended topic when I received my post-delivery survey. I told them they need to "stop acting like some hi-tech start-up in someone's garage" and start acting like a business. If they expect to get Baby Boomers to start spending all that money they have squirreled away they need to fix that ASAP. And FTR I'm a 68-year-old BOOMER and Tesla FANBOY and put up with that nonsense. But I will admit I wanted to throw in the towel a few times because of the lack of basic communications.

I'm sure we all would appreciate more personal attention during the order and delivery process (I know I would). But if I had a product that people happily order months in advance and then get the sweats waiting to get their hands on, I don't think I would invest any more resources in customer service than Tesla does. I mean, my heroin dealer doesn't have a toll-free order status line.

Presumably, when supply and demand equalize and there is bona fide competition, they will be forced to retool this part of the operation.

Reactions: HeartSong