Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got some new wheels shortly before the world went into lockdown and I just got around to getting some photos ready to post.

Wheels: TSW Bathurst
Color: Silver with Mirror Cut Face
Size: 19x9
Offset: 30
Tires: 245/40/19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Plus:
Suspension: Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilers (MPP recommended height settings)

[

Reactions: M3_Performante
I am about to buy a 19/9 premium performance, and have a set of TSW Kyalami 5x114,3 8,5x20 et20 245/35-20, 10x20 et 20 285/30-20 at home from my old Infiniti G35 coupe, Will they fit the car?

Attachments

• 2012-06-16 16.46.44.jpg
    2012-06-16 16.46.44.jpg
    509.2 KB · Views: 175
I’m thinking about biting the bullet and getting some aftermarket wheels on my P3D+. Would then have my set of stock 20” Performance wheels that I would be selling. The wheels essentially look almost new and tires (Pilot Sport 4S) have maybe 60% life left on them. I just wonder what I would be able to get for the wheels/tires. Maybe a couple grand? Would definitely help offset cost of aftermarket wheels and tires. I am leaning towards the TST 18” or 19” wheels. Probably 18” just because the little extra sidewalk will give a slightly better ride.

Wheels: TSW Bathurst
Color: Silver with Mirror Cut Face
Size: 19x9
Offset: 30
Tires: 245/40/19 Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 Plus
Suspension: Mountain Pass Performance Comfort Coilers (MPP recommended height settings)

View attachment 527621
View attachment 527622
View attachment 527623
View attachment 527624
View attachment 527627
What wheels/tires did you have before? Sorry if you posted about it earlier in the thread. I haven’t had time to go through all 110 pages.

have you noticed an improvement/decrease in range? Thinking about going from 20” OE wheels to 18” or 19” wheels so I have more tire options. Stock 235/35 and 245/35 R20 all-seasons are hard to come by. Really only have one or two options, A/S3+ Or DWS06. I really want to improve the range lost to the PS4S tires. I drive a ton long distance and I need every mile of range. My Performance 3 can make it about 230-250 miles on a charge if I drive cautiously. Our aero equipped AWD LR can go closer to 310 miles and the only difference are wheels and tires.

also, did the coil overs make the ride quality better or keep it about the same?

Last edited:
What wheels/tires did you have before? Sorry if you posted about it earlier in the thread. I haven’t had time to go through all 110 pages.

have you noticed an improvement/decrease in range? Thinking about going from 20” OE wheels to 18” or 19” wheels so I have more tire options. Stock 235/35 and 245/35 R20 all-seasons are hard to come by. Really only have one or two options, A/S3+ Or DWS06. I really want to improve the range lost to the PS4S tires. I drive a ton long distance and I need every mile of range. My Performance 3 can make it about 230-250 miles on a charge if I drive cautiously. Our aero equipped AWD LR can go closer to 310 miles and the only difference are wheels and tires.

also, did the coil overs make the ride quality better or keep it about the same?

My previous wheels and tires were the stock 18" aero wheels. I haven't had the new setup long enough yet to notice any differences in range.

With the coil overs, I found that it actually made the ride quality a bit better/softer from the stock suspension (May '18 RWD build). I'd highly recommend the comfort coil overs from Mountain Pass Performance for a daily driver.

• Love
Reactions: MountainPass

Since you're a highway driver like I am, having aerodynamic wheels and not going wider than factory tires are going to make the biggest difference for you. The Performance inverter/motor are not the same as your AWD LR either. The test you could perform is putting on your 20" OE wheels/tires onto your AWD LR to see the impact of the wheel/tire combo. Unfortunately your 18" aeros couldn't be fitted onto the P3D, or else you could have a complete test.

After I changed wheels and tires (Titan7 T-S5 20" staggered combo w/Michelin A/S3+) and chatting with others who have done something similar (such as 19" or 18" square and same width as OEM), the biggest difference when it comes to efficiency at high-speeds (if using the same width tires - regardless of make/model of tire), is the rim face design. Going with a fairly open design will generally cause much more turbulence and the penalty for efficiency increases exponentially, the faster you drive. In my case, I pay double penalty - having wider rear tires, greater rear offset, and a more open rim design...so at 80mph, I am burning over 480wh/mi consistently vs. 380wh/mi on the factory setup.

I'll +1 to the handling and comfort of the MPP comfort coils - as long as you're at or near the MPP recommended height adjustments.

After I changed wheels and tires (Titan7 T-S5 20" staggered combo w/Michelin A/S3+) and chatting with others who have done something similar (such as 19" or 18" square and same width as OEM), the biggest difference when it comes to efficiency at high-speeds (if using the same width tires - regardless of make/model of tire), is the rim face design. Going with a fairly open design will generally cause much more turbulence and the penalty for efficiency increases exponentially, the faster you drive. In my case, I pay double penalty - having wider rear tires, greater rear offset, and a more open rim design...so at 80mph, I am burning over 480wh/mi consistently vs. 380wh/mi on the factory setup.
Yep. I love the Titan 7 wheels but I've been gravitating towards a design like the Vossen HF-2 as it has less open face design. I'm not that guy that has to have the lowest wh/mi and drives super slow, no A/C, over-inflated tires, etc... but if I can minimize the wh/mi impact and still have style then I'm all in.

Reactions: gcmak
The Performance inverter/motor are not the same as your AWD LR either.

That would depend on when the LR AWD was built... all 2018s and some earlier 2019s were hardware identical between AWD and P in this regard. The lesser inverter/rear motor in the LR AWD only began showing up early-mid 2019 in US cars (I think it was showing in Europe earlier 2019)