Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know... Finally getting my favorite wheels that I never wanted to spend money on... LOL I told myself I would never pay anything over $2K for wheels but I think its time. I'll just be envious of all the modded Tesla come April when we do EAR. LOL

The beautiful thing about buying quality wheels that everyone wants is, there's always people that are willing to buy them used. When it's time, you can recover most of your money back.

Reactions: Nichigo and pg62
Cheap wheels can be strong, but they will not be lightweight, as they achieve it by just adding more material. The wheels to be afraid of are the really lightweight (and cheap) non-forged/non-flow-formed wheels.

I do agree with this, but occasionally a company will design a wheel that is both strong and light, that isn’t forged. One in particular that I have previously used is the APEX ARC-8. These are used by many BMW owners doing hard track work, myself included on the very bumpy Nurburgring amongst other tracks, and these 18x9.5” flow formed wheels weighed 18.8lbs (weighed them myself). They got hammered on track, and when spun for wheel/tyre balancing were always perfectly round. I used them for years with absolutely no issues.

I do agree with this, but occasionally a company will design a wheel that is both strong and light, that isn’t forged. One in particular that I have previously used is the APEX ARC-8. These are used by many BMW owners doing hard track work, myself included on the very bumpy Nurburgring amongst other tracks, and these 18x9.5” flow formed wheels weighed 18.8lbs (weighed them myself). They got hammered on track, and when spun for wheel/tyre balancing were always perfectly round. I used them for years with absolutely no issues.

Those Apex ARC-8's are awesome, strong, light, and inexpensive.

Reactions: Clivew