Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! Did you have to re-drill the stud holes on the Konigs or did they come with M14 holes?
No drilling required on the wheels BUT I would absolutely recommend getting Gorilla locks (instead of spline type locks that look too 'tuner' style) that fit within a mm of the socket... in fact you're basically limited to getting a set of Gorilla "The System" wheel locks for any wheels with narrow or tuner-style stud holes.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: DNAPoPo
Close-up of the König Ampliforms + Gorilla Wheel Locks (71643BNC) - perfect replacement (no scuffs, just dirty :p)

Attachments

• 8E49F40F-4244-4D8E-BDA7-568F65747EEE.jpeg
    8E49F40F-4244-4D8E-BDA7-568F65747EEE.jpeg
    556 KB · Views: 632
Did you need hub rings? Messaged konig about these but they never replied.

Most Konig wheels compatible with Tesla (5x114.3) have a 73.1 center bore, so they're not hub centric. So yes, hub centric rings are required. Though, there are arguments that can be made that as long as you use lug nuts that lug centric, you will not need hub centric rings. I figure, it doesn't hurt to have both just to be on the safe side.

• Informative
Reactions: hocr
Most Konig wheels compatible with Tesla (5x114.3) have a 73.1 center bore, so they're not hub centric. So yes, hub centric rings are required. Though, there are arguments that can be made that as long as you use lug nuts that lug centric, you will not need hub centric rings. I figure, it doesn't hurt to have both just to be on the safe side.

Please definitely use hubcentric rings! I went with Stancemagic 64.1ID -> 73.1OD hubcentric rings. I’m a ‘spirited driver’ and have had my wheels on/off for installs multiple times and the rings are 100% sturdy. No vibrations at high speeds. Again, please get hubcentric rings (they’re the least you can do for any wheels that can work safely on our cars).

Edit: Looks like the SMs are out of stock, but use any good-reviewed brand of hubcentric rings.

Reactions: Theraven
Please definitely use hubcentric rings! I went with Stancemagic 64.1ID -> 73.1OD hubcentric rings. I’m a ‘spirited driver’ and have had my wheels on/off for installs multiple times and the rings are 100% sturdy. No vibrations at high speeds. Again, please get hubcentric rings (they’re the least you can do for any wheels that can work safely on our cars).

Edit: Looks like the SMs are out of stock, but use any good-reviewed brand of hubcentric rings.

For the record, I very much agree with you, and I personally would never put aftermarket wheels on my car that are not hub centric without them. But there are also people that don't have them and claim they cannot tell any difference.

For the record, I very much agree with you, and I personally would never put aftermarket wheels on my car that are not hub centric without them. But there are also people that don't have them and claim they cannot tell any difference.

If not even for your own personal peace of mind, what about anyone or any shop taking on/off wheels even one time. Not opting in $7 for a set of 4 isn't worth the risk imo.

+30 clears your performance brakes? I was thinking getting freeforms. Not sure if they have the same clearance. 18x8.5