Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally got everything together. I really wanted do something a little in that I didn't wanted black out everything and have some contrast. So I decided on something that complement the polished trimming on the car. Thanks to N54TT for his inspiration pics for my wheel choice.

Looking good!!! Is that brushed clear or solid silver? I was torn between brushed clear and brushed titanium. Good to know I couldn’t have gone wrong either way!

might be a dumb questions but if i buy new center caps for my vorstienr 107s, do i need to take the wheel off to remove the cap or can i do it without taking each wheels off?

the tesla center cap was removable, not seeing how on these

U should be able to pop them off with out removing the wheels... would need a thin flat head screw driver or something

I wouldn’t suggest trying it get them off with a flat head. Although possible some center caps are on pretty tight and even require quite a bit of force to pop them off from behind. You risk chipping the paint with a flat head. I would remove the wheel and pop it out from behind to be safe.

Reactions: Burrito
Finally got my wheels, they are:

BBS CI-R in Platinum finish
19x9.5+40 squared (want to be able to rotate tires)
255/35/19 Dunlop S1 (got them cheap to see if all fits nicely)
Currently, have 25mm Blox Racing spacers in the back and its damn perfect with no rubbing.

I want to run 15mm spacers in the front (BBS didn't have the best offset so I settled with +40 and since I got a really good deal on these wheels, I opted out for getting other wheels with better offset) But the backside of the wheel is hitting the OEM studs.

Solution #1, get long studs, run 15mm spacers with it.
Solution #2, cut OEM stud short by about 5mm which is well beyond the lock nut for the spacers, the downside is if I ever go with other wheels which won't require spacers, I will lose a few turns. So this option is not as ideal.

Other mods on the car:

Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Trunk with Carbon Fiber back panel (replaces the OEM plastic one)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler (lip)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

If you guys are interested in Maier Racing products, you can use my promo code "SAVE7TESLADIY" to get 7% off your purchase at Maierev.com

Finally got my wheels, they are:

BBS CI-R in Platinum finish
19x9.5+40 squared (want to be able to rotate tires)
255/35/19 Dunlop S1 (got them cheap to see if all fits nicely)
Currently, have 25mm Blox Racing spacers in the back and its damn perfect with no rubbing.

I want to run 15mm spacers in the front (BBS didn't have the best offset so I settled with +40 and since I got a really good deal on these wheels, I opted out for getting other wheels with better offset) But the backside of the wheel is hitting the OEM studs.

Solution #1, get long studs, run 15mm spacers with it.
Solution #2, cut OEM stud short by about 5mm which is well beyond the lock nut for the spacers, the downside is if I ever go with other wheels which won't require spacers, I will lose a few turns. So this option is not as ideal.

Other mods on the car:

Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Trunk with Carbon Fiber back panel (replaces the OEM plastic one)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Front Spoiler (lip)
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
Maier Racing Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

If you guys are interested in Maier Racing products, you can use my promo code "SAVE7TESLADIY" to get 7% off your purchase at Maierev.com

Any plans to paint the carbon panels?

Reactions: 4agemr2
Any plans to paint the carbon panels?

At first, i thought i would want to partial paint front spoiler and side skirt, but when i saw the sideskirts on the car with the front spoiler, i kinda like the theme, however, i really want to paint the top side of the trunk lid, leaving on the back face exposed carbon, below is a photoshop i did of how i really want my car to look in the end

Attachments

• 69810892_1163613160516402_4911212618129080320_n.jpg
    69810892_1163613160516402_4911212618129080320_n.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 419
At first, i thought i would want to partial paint front spoiler and side skirt, but when i saw the sideskirts on the car with the front spoiler, i kinda like the theme, however, i really want to paint the top side of the trunk lid, leaving on the back face exposed carbon, below is a photoshop i did of how i really want my car to look in the end

Hmm that's pretty unique and interesting.

• Love
Reactions: 4agemr2