Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Better than my boat anchor rear 20x10.5s, at 26.5 lbs. But they look good! And almost no ability to tell at least from a normal view just how monstrously wide these things really are.

20190125_124235.jpg
20190126_163718.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SD_Engnr
If it's helpful, 275's all around can work. My 19x9.5 +40 Vorsteiner VFF-103's (22.0lbs) wrapped in 275/35/19 Michelin PS4S fit on the front... barely. That's seemingly as wide as you can go with PS4S's on the P3D+ based on this photo I took.

Considering buying two more 19x9.5 wheels for the fronts so I can run this square 275 setup for the track/autocross and my normal staggered 275/245's for the street.

IMG_6235.JPG

Waiting for my 3P and since Tesla first said I could only get Pirelli SZ2 winter wheels in 20" for 3P I ordered TSW Nurbergring in 19" with 235/40-19 Nokian R3. Now I hear that Tesla made Nokian make R3 for the 20" setup.

But still I think the rotary forged will improve winter range and of course it looks better than OEM wheels.
First a stock photo, since I dont have the car yet here in Norway:
6969-158672602_641606532.png

This is from the TSW website, of course its photoshopped or something..
Then my real wheels waiting at my wheel dealer:
51262059_564882750652461_7995281689670582272_n.jpg

I am looking forward to the wheels and the car, I sold a loaded X to go for the loaded 3P :)
For summer wheels I dont know what I will do, as I think most likely I will get some refferal wheels in may(or later), dont know what they will be like.. Or maybe I will buy some other stuff.

I am also considering buying a set of wheels for doing 0-201 metre drag races at street legal event.

Ordered my set of VS03 in 20x9 +28 and 20x10.5 +40 on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 245/35/20 and 285/30/20.

Custom two-tone color with gloss black barrels and tinted face. Just got them yesterday and I put them on for just the weekend that’s calling for above freezing temps and dry weather. I ordered them on Black Friday from Get Your Wheels and Josh had some good suggestions for this nice setup.

Wow, that car look exactly like mine will do when I am done with it.

Could you please take a photo or two from the front to show the offset of the front wheel? Does the wheel go flush/stick outside the fender?

I am wondering if a TSW Bathurst 20x9 ET30 rim would fit in front of a non performance with a 235 wheel. The 20x8.5 seems to be out of stock everywhere here.

Wow, that car look exactly like mine will do when I am done with it.

Could you please take a photo or two from the front to show the offset of the front wheel? Does the wheel go flush/stick outside the fender?

I am wondering if a TSW Bathurst 20x9 ET30 rim would fit in front of a non performance with a 235 wheel. The 20x8.5 seems to be out of stock everywhere here.

Sorry, but I swapped out the VS03 wheels and put back my winter setup earlier today before I read this post. The +28 offset of the 20x9” front wheel is pretty flush with the edge of the fender.

If it's helpful, 275's all around can work. My 19x9.5 +40 Vorsteiner VFF-103's (22.0lbs) wrapped in 275/35/19 Michelin PS4S fit on the front... barely. That's seemingly as wide as you can go with PS4S's on the P3D+ based on this photo I took.

Considering buying two more 19x9.5 wheels for the fronts so I can run this square 275 setup for the track/autocross and my normal staggered 275/245's for the street.

View attachment 372107

That might turn into a front tire shaving setup with just a few mm of tire expansion (at over 100 mph?) :eek::eek: Do you ever reach those kinds of high speeds on the track?

That might turn into a front tire shaving setup with just a few mm of tire expansion (at over 100 mph?) :eek::eek: Do you ever reach those kinds of high speeds on the track?
or lower psi where sidewall can flex, yikes! but great pics, very informative, now with this info and mpp's 19x10+35 and some other folks running 255/40/19 (ps4's, forgot the wheel specs, 9.5+38?), can now know the limits of inner clearance

On medium to large tracks, certainly. I don't think the tires expand that much at 42psi, and if they did it wouldn't be in the horizontal direction so it should be safe. MPP runs an even wider 19x10 +35 wheel with 275/35/19 up front so I think it will be fine.

265/35/19 would be the better bet for most folks to have an extra safety margin, as well as being the same outer diameter as the 18" aeros. I went with 275's because they actually have an outer diameter closer to the P3D stock 20's than 265/35's did, and because it provides a few extra mm of rubber along the wheel edge to protect against curb rash.

Reactions: dfwatt
Sorta aftermarket, custom powder coat and flake on 20” prrformance wheel. Waiting for winter to end in NY, before putting them on car... if I can wait that long. Might put them on beforehand, just to stare at in the garage :)

Attachments

• 783A5288-2D69-4BCA-9488-1C0FA76536F8.jpeg
    783A5288-2D69-4BCA-9488-1C0FA76536F8.jpeg
    481 KB · Views: 817
Reactions: pkalhan and Hkbruin
For those that purchase your vehicles and swapped out your wheels and tires, did you guys save the old set or throw them away? I live in an apartment so having them inside will be tough! However am willing to find storage for them if they would indeed valuable to the next owner once i transfer the car over.

Thanks!

For those that purchase your vehicles and swapped out your wheels and tires, did you guys save the old set or throw them away? I live in an apartment so having them inside will be tough! However am willing to find storage for them if they would indeed valuable to the next owner once i transfer the car over.

Thanks!

My wife complains that I have so many sets of wheels and tires already that I should open a store! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Working on 6 sets of four wheels and tires each. Limiting factor for sure is storage space. Need to unload an old set of Lexus IS alloys to make room for the new 20s. New reason for another house? Bigger garage for more wheels and tires!:p:p

• Funny
Reactions: SD_Engnr
My wife complains that I have so many sets of wheels and tires already that I should open a store! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Working on 6 sets of four wheels and tires each. Limiting factor for sure is storage space. Need to unload an old set of Lexus IS alloys to make room for the new 20s. New reason for another house? Bigger garage for more wheels and tires!:p:p
haha! I'm about to have more sets of wheels than cars in my garage. Bigger garage will cost me way too much, so I just continue on with leaving the cars in the driveway and washing them more frequently... :p

haha! I'm about to have more sets of wheels than cars in my garage. Bigger garage will cost me way too much, so I just continue on with leaving the cars in the driveway and washing them more frequently... :p

More is always better!!!

• Funny
Reactions: dfwatt and SD_Engnr