Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like them.......do you mind me asking what you paid to have them powered coated?

I paid $400 installed at a shop around Costa Mesa Fullerton area.

Attachments

• 20190118_231342.jpg
    20190118_231342.jpg
    315.8 KB · Views: 969
Can anyone help me with this questions?

I'm planning to buy a set of wheels soon, and the supplier that i'm dealing with have two available sizes for the style I want.

19 x 8.5 with offset +45
19 x 8.5 with offset +33

My goal is to try to get it flushed with the body but is still tucked in more than more stick out. Is +33 going to stick out or should I get a +45 and get a spacer that is about 8-10mm?

Can anyone help me with this questions?

I'm planning to buy a set of wheels soon, and the supplier that i'm dealing with have two available sizes for the style I want.

19 x 8.5 with offset +45
19 x 8.5 with offset +33

My goal is to try to get it flushed with the body but is still tucked in more than more stick out. Is +33 going to stick out or should I get a +45 and get a spacer that is about 8-10mm?

Do you have a P3D with performance brakes? +33 would be the better one. Keep in mind +33 would be 5mm closer to the fender on a model 3 with regular brakes than on a p3d+......but still tucked in.

• Informative
Reactions: AmateurX
Do you have a P3D with performance brakes? +33 would be the better one. Keep in mind +33 would be 5mm closer to the fender on a model 3 with regular brakes than on a p3d+......but still tucked in.

I wonder if that is a typo and whether or not he meant to list one of them as 9.5 in wide - the one for the rear. Typically 45 mm is used at the rear as an offset for wider Wheels to keep them tucked in as there is plenty of space back there. On the other hand at the front you run into that central control arm quickly by increasing the offset much past 35-38 if you have performance brakes or much past 40-43 if you have regular brakes

I wonder if that is a typo and whether or not he meant to list one of them as 9.5 in wide - the one for the rear. Typically 45 mm is used at the rear as an offset for wider Wheels to keep them tucked in as there is plenty of space back there. On the other hand at the front you run into that central control arm quickly by increasing the offset much past 35-38 if you have performance brakes or much past 40-43 if you have regular brakes

Could you clarify what you mean by? Run into the central control arm. By increasing the offset much past 35-38?the width is correct its 8.5. Also I have a dual motor non performance. I know the performance model have some sort of different bore bevel issue does anyone know if the dual motor have this issue or am i safe on using any center bore adapter?

Could you clarify what you mean by? Run into the central control arm. By increasing the offset much past 35-38?the width is correct its 8.5. Also I have a dual motor non performance. I know the performance model have some sort of different bore bevel issue does anyone know if the dual motor have this issue or am i safe on using any center bore adapter?

Increasing the offset actually moves the wheel inboard. These are positive offset numbers not negative offset. If you have a dual motor non-performance version then your stock offset is 40 mm. If you go too far inboard you will run into the big central front suspension member. There is plenty of room on the back on the other hand to increase the offset but not in the front. You could go to 45mm but it might be tight. There's a number of wheel options that keep your offset within a few millimeters of stock.

Increasing the offset actually moves the wheel inboard. These are positive offset numbers not negative offset. If you have a dual motor non-performance version then your stock offset is 40 mm. If you go too far inboard you will run into the big central front suspension member. There is plenty of room on the back on the other hand to increase the offset but not in the front. You could go to 45mm but it might be tight. There's a number of wheel options that keep your offset within a few millimeters of stock.
What are wheel options that are the same as the stock 18/19s I want something as light as my 18's in 19's with the same tires as on my 18's so I won't lose range and have something that looks allot better.

Ambit Wheels RS18

20x9 +35
20x10.5 +45
Model: Ambit RS18 Flow Formed

Spec: 18x9.5 +38 (Performance models require 3mm spacer in the front to clear knuckles)
Tires: 255/35R18

I like the price, will the extra 1" width decrease range, what tires? I think I would want to do the same on front as back so I can rotate tires?

Last edited:
Gotcha, I was going to use spacers if I went with +45, this would allow me to space it however I wanted. If I went with the +35 I wasn't sure if it would stick out too much. Also I'm not sure if I need a 3mm spacer to clear the center bore lip on my dual motor non performance ( not sure if it has it or not), and would protrude out too much.

Gotcha, I was going to use spacers if I went with +45, this would allow me to space it however I wanted. If I went with the +35 I wasn't sure if it would stick out too much. Also I'm not sure if I need a 3mm spacer to clear the center bore lip on my dual motor non performance ( not sure if it has it or not), and would protrude out too much.

There is no center bore lip at least from everything that I have heard and seen, on the regular braked models, AWD or RWD. If your stock offset is therefore 40 (not 35 which it is only with Brembo brakes and AWD) the 45mm offset only moves the wheels inboard .5 cm, and if they are a half inch wider, that puts the outboard edge of the wheel and tire just about in the same place. if you can get away without spacers, obviously that would be the best option. The 35mm offset on the other hand moves the outboard edge of the wheel (if it is .5 inches wider) roughly 1.15 centimeters outboard, which could be modestly undesirable from the standpoint of aero issues, and wheel spray onto the body panels. But it's probably something that could be accommodated without undue compromises. If you got the 45mm and s 3mm spacer, you should be pretty much right on target, but then you are chronically stuck with spacers. I believe that the 45mm wheel will probably clear the front central suspension member, but it would be close.

You should see if you can get a visual on how the two wheels sit. In any case, cut and paste empiricism on this for sure.

What are wheel options that are the same as the stock 18/19s I want something as light as my 18's in 19's with the same tires as on my 18's so I won't lose range and have something that looks allot better.

I like the price, will the extra 1" width decrease range, what tires? I think I would want to do the same on front as back so I can rotate tires?

Lots of options, but do you have AWD non performance or RWD? And the biggest variable . . .your BUDGET! If price is not really much of a consideration, I would suggest VS forged, 19X9, with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Not a big range hit, but great cornering and really good ride. But if you need to use your stock 18 inch tires, then probably a really good lightweight option outside of forged. Check out the selection engine at GETYOURWHEELS.com. Should be able to find a rotary or gravity cast wheel for less money in the 18 inch size.

Last edited:
Model: Ambit RS18 Flow Formed

Spec: 18x9.5 +38 (Performance models require 3mm spacer in the front to clear knuckles)
Tires: 255/35R18

So they are hubcentric to the AWD or RWD Model 3 hubs?

I was thinking of going 19" for my summer set up but those are pretty sharp and I'd have the added benefit of being able to reuse the Michelin tires that came with the Aero rims. It doesn't look like that rim is made in 19" at this time.

Lots of options, but do you have AWD non performance or RWD? And the biggest variable . . .your BUDGET! If price is not really much of a consideration, I would suggest VS forged, 19X9, with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Not a big range hit, but great cornering and really good ride. But if you need to use your stock 18 inch tires, then probably a really good lightweight option outside of forged. Check out the selection engine at GETYOURWHEELS.com. Should be able to find a rotary or gravity cast wheel for less money in the 18 inch size.
I have performance with aeros, so I have the standard hubs, not the ones with the lip. That site does not list wheel weights :(

I kinda like these but they might be heavy.
Momo Wheels | Momo RF-5C Custom Colors Available | Get Your Wheels

I was thinking to go up to 19's as I think 19's look better, but I don't really need 20's.

I like these too in 19x8.5" 40 offset (same as factory) no idea on weight again though.
TSW Wheels | TSW Chrono Matte Black w/ Dark Tint Milled Face | Get Your Wheels
price is affordable.

Last edited: