Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I'm a bit biased and rather partial to that look myself! The pearlescent white goes great with brushed aluminum and not so great at least in my opinion with black. I know black is all the rage but I think the brushed aluminum looks almost pearlescent in some lights and syncs up nicely with the paint.

In any case I love those vertini wheels and own a pair of them myself the VS14s. Got them from get your wheels.com. Really good outfit - is that where you got yours?

View attachment 513527
Looks nice. What size wheels are theses and is this vehicle lowered?

Looks nice. What size wheels are theses and is this vehicle lowered?
Fronts are 9.5x20 and Rears are 10.5x20. Offset is 40 in front and 50 in the rear with a somewhat higher offset due to aftermarket rotors and wanting to maintain stock scrub radius as much as possible at least at the front. Interestingly enough, I found out that the higher offset actually drops wheel weight a little bit because of the reduced hub mass. Normal offset with the stock thin hat performance rotors would be 35 in front and 45 in the rear but the Racing Brake discs and top hat add about 5 mm and thus eliminate that annoying lip. Talk to Jason at get yourwheels.com. highly recommend that outfit and Jason specifically. Car is dropped about an inch and a half on the MPP sport coilover set. Highly recommend that as well.
20220609_105218.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to downsize to 19 inch for my 2021 M3P from the 20 inch uberturbines for more sidewall /pothole protection. My car is gray and i'm having trouble deciding between Titan 7 T-S5 in Bronze versus Vossen HF-5 Matte Gunmetal (Hybrid Forged). From what I can understand the Titan's are Fully Forged and the Vossen are Hybrid Forged. Anyone get any of those rims and want to share their recommendation?

A slightly different angle of my setup. No more rubbing at all after raising it a bit more and slightly rolling / pulling the front fenders. (Pictured is my daily setup, but my race tires are mounted on identical wheels).

-19x9.5 +22, 275/35R19 all around.
-Lowered about 1” below stock (raised from 1.5” below) on MPP Comfort Adjustables
-Daily camber: -3.2F, -2.5R

View attachment 885983

Looks like you found one of those magic charging trees ...

😅

Reactions: Lindenwood
Looking to downsize to 19 inch for my 2021 M3P from the 20 inch uberturbines for more sidewall /pothole protection. My car is gray and i'm having trouble deciding between Titan 7 T-S5 in Bronze versus Vossen HF-5 Matte Gunmetal (Hybrid Forged). From what I can understand the Titan's are Fully Forged and the Vossen are Hybrid Forged. Anyone get any of those rims and want to share their recommendation?

Those Vossen's are really just flowformed which is a common "in between" type of manufacturing that isn't fully forged nor are they cast. A narrow blank is cast and then the barrel of the cast blank is spun in heat to create forged properties. I would go with the Titan 7s as they are fully forged if pricing was similar.

Reactions: Bobo Tinker
Those Vossen's are really just flowformed which is a common "in between" type of manufacturing that isn't fully forged nor are they cast. A narrow blank is cast and then the barrel of the cast blank is spun in heat to create forged properties. I would go with the Titan 7s as they are fully forged if pricing was similar.
Exactly my sentiments. It's really a similar dilemma to folks who are looking to lower their car and save money by getting just coils as opposed to a proper and integrated coilover kit. While you can save money on so-called flow formed or barrel rolled Wheels, save your money until you can get fully forged. I've done both, and although my first set of barrel rolled wheels that we got for our Model 3s (Vorsteiner) was pretty decent, it simply didn't have either the durability or the light weight of the wheels we ended up getting from Vertini/VS Forged. Do it right the first time and you'll have way fewer regrets.

Exactly my sentiments. It's really a similar dilemma to folks who are looking to lower their car and save money by getting just coils as opposed to a proper and integrated coilover kit. While you can save money on so-called flow formed or barrel rolled Wheels, save your money until you can get fully forged. I've done both, and although my first set of barrel rolled wheels that we got for our Model 3s (Vorsteiner) was pretty decent, it simply didn't have either the durability or the light weight of the wheels we ended up getting from Vertini/VS Forged. Do it right the first time and you'll have way fewer regrets.

I don't find that flowformed is necessarily a bad thing, I just am not a big fan of the marketing of Vossen in that often they up sell their products to make them seem far more premium than they actually are. Many would remember their wheels failing back in the day due to poor design and production materials. Their "premium" wheels were at the time made by Lenso wheels and had a habit of cracking at the spokes. Now as for flowformed wheels, there are plenty of good ones out there such as HRE's flowformed series which I love quite a bit and have run on a few cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: dfwatt
I don't find that flowformed is necessarily a bad thing, I just am not a big fan of the marketing of Vossen in that often they up sell their products to make them seem far more premium than they actually. Many would remember their wheels failing back in the day due to poor design and production materials. Their "premium" wheels were at the time made by Lenso wheels and had a habit of cracking at the spokes. Now as for flowformed wheels, there are plenty of good ones out there such has HRE's flowformed series which I love quite a bit and have run on a few cars.
For sure HRE is a high quality outfit. And it's not as though all flow formed wheels are cheap and junky. I'm certainly not saying that or suggesting that. But if you can afford fully forged that's the way to go.

• Disagree
Reactions: superflyrolla
I think someone was talking about this exact thing on page 232: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3
Apex VS-5RS are also of similar design and fill in the gap between the Titan 7 and Signature Wheels

I think someone was talking about this exact thing on page 232: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3
Apex VS-5RS are also of similar design and fill in the gap between the Titan 7 and Signature Wheels
Thanks for sharing. It looks like everyone has the Titan 7 T-S5 in Bronze out of stock. I'm on a quicker time frame since one of my tire has a smaller bubble.

I will look into the Apex.

Reactions: MODEL+