Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension error - EAS_w007

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for those that have replaced the pump themselves: has anyone then gone and had the system purged and refilled with nitrogen? I have just replaced the pump on my 2013 MS. I live on the west coast (warm, high humidity) and travel to visit family in the depths of the Canadian prairies (brutal winter cold). In fact that exact trip is what killed my previous pump: I went from +10°C (+50°F) to -28°C (-20°F) and then spent a week at that frigid temperature. I've owned the car since new and have made that trip a bunch of times, this wasn't the car's first exposure to that kind of swing.

Reactions: hydro
Check the 12v after the car has been in sleep mode with out waking it up. You should see the voltage come up when the car wakes. How old is the 12v?
Sorry for the delay in noticing my reply to your question did not post.

The issue resolved itself when an update came about. I installed it and all was fine on that issue thereafter. It was a weird two weeks as I would carry my booster pack with me at all times in case the car went to sleep while I was doing errands. I find it crazy how we are all dependent on software with these cars.

Question for those that have replaced the pump themselves: has anyone then gone and had the system purged and refilled with nitrogen? I have just replaced the pump on my 2013 MS. I live on the west coast (warm, high humidity) and travel to visit family in the depths of the Canadian prairies (brutal winter cold). In fact that exact trip is what killed my previous pump: I went from +10°C (+50°F) to -28°C (-20°F) and then spent a week at that frigid temperature. I've owned the car since new and have made that trip a bunch of times, this wasn't the car's first exposure to that kind of swing.
Honestly don’t think nitrogen vs air would’ve made any difference with that wild of a swing along with being in that frigid env for a week. If you want to refill with nitrogen, that should be easy as even Costco tire fill up stations offer nitrogen.

Cold itself is not bad, it's just if there is any moisture it will freeze in the compressor and eventually break it.

Nitrogen is dry, so it gives a good starting point. You can flush the system with nitrogen, to get all water out.

Eventually nitrogen will get replaced by air, but the compressor has a dryer that should take the moisture away.

If there is a leak in the system, compressor will have to pump more air in and this will saturate the dryer quickly. Then water starts to build up and leads to compressor failure.

Honestly don’t think nitrogen vs air would’ve made any difference with that wild of a swing along with being in that frigid env for a week. If you want to refill with nitrogen, that should be easy as even Costco tire fill up stations offer nitrogen.
The nitrogen by itself likely won't make any difference but bottled nitrogen is dry versus the ambient air in my climate which is humid. After I put the new pump on the system filled itself with ambient humid air. The service manual procedure for pressurizing the EAS in my era of car involves fiddling with Toolbox. If someone has indeed filled their suspension system anywhere else other than Tesla I would love to hear about how that went. My closest Tesla service centre is a 2 hour drive away.
Cold itself is not bad, it's just if there is any moisture it will freeze in the compressor and eventually break it.
Yup. I didn't make that clear - it's not the cold by itself that broke my old pump, it was that my old system had a buildup of moist air from my climate and the cold+water is what did me in. Now that I've put the new pump on myself, the system refilled itself using ambient air and so is back to being full of moist air . I don't seem to have any leaks, my scientific test was to leave the car in my garage for 2 days and it didn't seem to settle.

The service manual says very little about the air suspension dryer. The only reference I could find is in the Air Spring Module replacement and even that is only a reference to the Depressurize/Repressurize of the system which in turn says nothing about the dryer itself.

Last edited:
The dryer is on top of the compressor. It's not replaceable (easily). But the compressor is so cheap from Tesla it's simpler to replace the whole thing.

With MCU2 it's possible to do all the air suspension things directly from the touch screen. it's probably not so good with MCU1.

I think the problem is leak. My P85D in Sweden has now leak in all off them. 152000 km. cold winter and it freeze up. There is a rubber ring that supposedly protects air to leak out down in the bottom.

Air suspension system should be 100% closed and filled whit N2. Because it’s clean gas that have no water in it. But whit aged it start to leak. If you’re having problems whit freeze air suspension you can put a liquid in the tank that is call CRC air break anti freeze.

Look at this man in Norway

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Use N2 if you can, add CRC AIR break antifreeze in the tank, just a little bit a cup more or less.

• Informative