Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Airbag Warning Sticker Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just thought I’d share a quick tip for others. Airbag stickers always drive me crazy (so do mattress/pillow tags and hot coffee warnings), so I decided to mask mine knowing that trying to remove them altogether can quickly turn into a disaster.

So I cut some pieces of 3m 1080 wrap in the Satin White Aluminum and applied them over the top as shown in the pictures

It’s not a perfect match (really not very close), but it’s not bad and keeps my OCD under control.

Before someone points out that I’ll have tons of corporate lawyers and federal prosecutors on my doorstep right now, don’t really care - it’s part of living on the edge and living dangerously. :p

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    532.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    550.2 KB · Views: 316
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    579.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    637.6 KB · Views: 347
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
I like the idea....and the attempt. However to me (and my opinion only) I cringed because now it looks like you’ve literally “Ductaped” the visor. Looks ghetto. Sorry, YMMV.
Like is said I like the idea and now you’ve got me thinking. Maybe some sort of match to the fabric would look more OEM so to speak? I do wholeheartedly agree on our disdain for the Warning stickers.

Ski

Does anyone know the trick to removing the visors? The screw cover pops off with some careful prying but then what? I couldn't find any position that would let me reach the screw and was afraid of denting the headliner and/or visor by forcing it.
In this pic you can see that the screw cover can't move anywhere out of the way, it just immediately hits the visor.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 162257.png

View attachment 826918
This is the best I was able to get mine after heating up the label with a hair dryer then transferring Isopropyl alcohol from a well moisten microfiber towel until label became wet. I let it sit a minute then began pealing back the label while dampening the under side and lifting slowly.
Not bad actually! Besides the light imprint was any goo left behind? I might give this a shot.

For my previous vehicles ive been able to find good looking well fitted coverup decals from vendors online but nothing for Tesla.

On another vehicle I quite successfully took them off with Goof Off. Of course you'd want to make sure it doesn't dissolve whatever plastic Tesla makes the visors out of.

Why such huge hideous warning labels for something that you only need to be told once in your lifetime are required is beyond me.

Reactions: ROB_310
Not bad actually! Besides the light imprint was any goo left behind? I might give this a shot.

For my previous vehicles ive been able to find good looking well fitted coverup decals from vendors online but nothing for Tesla.
Remove the all four decals from both sides of the sun-visors and yes there was some spots where the glue was left behind I just rubbed it off with my alcohol microfiber as I pulled back the label and it cleaned it right up.