Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alarm going off every night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is an odd one. My car alarm has gone off in the evening three days running now. Not exactly the same time but between approx 8 and 10pm. Sometimes more than once. I work from home so know the car alarm hasn’t gone off during the day. I’ve checked the doors and windows and boots etc and can’t find anything obvious. The car has been used every day for short journeys so has moved about 🤷🏻‍♂️
Edit. M3LR 2020

Any ideas?

Typically when this happens its a spider or fly within the car and triggering the internal sensors.
You can eliminate the sensors triggering the alarm to confirm they are detecting some movement - just put some tape over the sensors so they cant detect anything, The sensors are in the roof bar - they look like USB C sockets - two of them, you see them if you sit in the back seat and look upwards.

If doing this silences the alarm then time to get the hoover out and give it a damn good clean.

Typically when this happens its a spider or fly within the car and triggering the internal sensors.
You can eliminate the sensors triggering the alarm to confirm they are detecting some movement - just put some tape over the sensors so they cant detect anything, The sensors are in the roof bar - they look like USB C sockets - two of them, you see them if you sit in the back seat and look upwards.

If doing this silences the alarm then time to get the hoover out and give it a damn good clean.
I agree with this. I’ve had this a few times over the last 3 years and found either a spider or….. particularly if the alarm has gone off at night…… a small moth that woke up at night time.

I had this issue (2020 M3) on a few occasions over the last few years and as others have said it was usually down to a bug. Having said that we had another spate of false alarms earlier this year and when no bugs were found I put in a service request. It turned out a connector was completely corroded due to water ingress from the roof. Known issue by the sound on those earlier models and once fixed I didn’t have the problem again.